Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers coming off MSRP??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 11:36 PM
mtyson227
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealers coming off MSRP??

My local dealer (Hannums in Southeastern PA) is still advertising $1000 off MSRP on all 2008 models.

Old 04-04-2008, 11:48 PM
VicDawg
Cruiser

My best friend works at our local HD dealer they sold 47 bikes last week-end (Fri., Sat, Sun.) What recession?

Old 04-05-2008, 12:53 AM
GzrGlide
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MACK

Believe you me ,when HD hits the wall it will be very bad for many of us.It is getting very difficult to keep the banner high but if it starts to waver it will not be good for any HD OWNERS. OK,now you guys can hit me over the head.
Don't understnd where you're coming from or going to with that.
From what perspective? Resale? Trade in-value?

Old 04-05-2008, 01:45 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shoe

ORIGINAL: wbogley
I talked to the sales manager about sales. He said they were having a record month because of gas prices. I had to pay MSRP, but they waived all other fees.
i still love that argument.....But if someone is dumb enough to believe it, then all the power to the dealers. Think about it:

Typical HD Bagger is $20,000.
Gas is currently $3.20 a gallon (approx for regular)
$20,000/$3.20 is 6,250 gallons of gas.

Your typical car get about 25 miles per gallon
6,250 x 25 = 156,250 miles of driving for the price of one HD Bagger.

I wish people (not you wbogley) weren't so friggin ignorant to think that by buying a $20,000 motorcycle they are somehow saving money on gas.

Its just plain stupid.

Dave
+1!!!!!! anyone who believes people are flocking into buy $20,000 motorcycles to save money deserves to spend the $20 grand [&:]How many families do you see piled onto a Harley to go grocery shopping? Out to dinner? Over to see gramma? Americans as a whole are financial idiots. I work with people who make a very good living, and don't have a pot to **** in or a decent home for their family, much lessa Harley parked in their garage. Wasn't too long ago the housing market was at a record pace........ Now people are dropping the keys on the floor mat and walking away. Hopefully it won't happen to all these new bike owners, but are they going to choose the bike over their house??? Ibought mine for pleasure and not necessity. I too love this debate

Old 04-05-2008, 01:54 AM
HEMSPLT
Cruiser

I just bought an '08 Road Glide from a SOCAL dealer I have done business with for about 5 years. I didn't get a great deal but.

I was happy with it. One dealer told me "We are an MSRP dealer" so I walked out the door. A couple of other bigger dealers told me they would beat whatever any other dealer quoted. My Dad lives in AZ. He told me one of his neighbors was looking at buying a new bagger and went to local dealers to ask about prices. This neighbor told my Dad he would wait until he got back home to Montana where he could save $3000 on whatever bike he was looking at.

I think the bottom line depends on where you live, when do you want the bike, and how many hoops you are willing to jump through to save a few bucks. Figure out a price you can live with and don't look back. I could have probably found a better deal but it wasn't worth my time. The check has been cashed and I am only thinking about riding it now.

I saw a few '07s when I was out looking around but they took so little off the price that I didn't even consider buying a brand new bike that was a year old.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:54 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Just bought a 08' FLHTCU/POSE for $18701.00 (base price). Everyone else I checked with was at least several hundred dollars higher, if they would even order one at all.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:42 AM
Aslan
Road Master

I stopped in at my dealers last week. The saleman that sold me my bike and his boss were all smiles. They told me that sales have been good. They have been busy especially the last few Saturdays and Sundays. They expect that this weekend's open house will be a sucess.
It's still cold here. I still have a little snow in the yard but it looks like people still want Harleys and are willing and able to pay for them.
I guess with gas prices so folks are looking at bikesinstead of RVs and boats that really suck up fuel.
I know a guy that has a thirty foot boat with twin engines. 40 gallons an hour at cruise. He will be parking it at the dock but he won't be going out much.

Old 04-05-2008, 05:58 AM
spirit80
Intermediate

There are many factors that go into a good deal. Price is only one component unless you are paying cash. Trade and financing term will determine a good deal or not. In the end monthly payment x length of loan is what you are really paying. If you look a 5 offers all with different prices, interest rate and length on loan you will see the better deal. Just my .02!

Old 04-05-2008, 07:12 AM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shoe

ORIGINAL: wbogley
I talked to the sales manager about sales. He said they were having a record month because of gas prices. I had to pay MSRP, but they waived all other fees.
i still love that argument.....But if someone is dumb enough to believe it, then all the power to the dealers. Think about it:

Typical HD Bagger is $20,000.
Gas is currently $3.20 a gallon (approx for regular)
$20,000/$3.20 is 6,250 gallons of gas.

Your typical car get about 25 miles per gallon
6,250 x 25 = 156,250 miles of driving for the price of one HD Bagger.

I wish people (not you wbogley) weren't so friggin ignorant to think that by buying a $20,000 motorcycle they are somehow saving money on gas.

Its just plain stupid.

Dave

I hear what you guys are saying, but my SUV gets 15 mpg. The street glide is getting 42 mpg. Guess which one I am taking to work and riding 7 days a weekall summer long.....?

Old 04-05-2008, 07:31 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Local dealer told me MSRP plus 2K in chrome, bike sales are best ever, he's thinks it's due to high gas prices.

Quick Reply: Dealers coming off MSRP??