Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rx Glasses

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 02:01 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rx Glasses

I finally found some glasses that fit good (tried on the frames at the Hog Rally in Baton Rouge) with my Rx from http://www.opticsplanet.com. I ordered on Monday with transitions lenses. The wiley x slyde is a new frame for 08 that was not on there website yet (i think it is now).

I talked to a lady (her name is Pam) on the phone about the transitions not getting dark enough and i am tired of carrying 2 pair of glasses and she suggested something that she said worked for a few other customers with the same complaint. Tint the transition lenses with a gray 1 tint. Not to dark for night yet darker in the day than without the tint. I figured it was worth a shot for $210 and she said that if i am not happy just let her know and they will try something different.

Just wanted to share that with those looking to buy new glasses but not sure about the transition lenses like myself. I will update when the come in.

Old 04-04-2008, 02:15 PM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rx Glasses

Hey.... !!!! Me too. I got astigmatism and could use those too..!!!

Please let me know how it works for you.. Thanks..

Old 04-04-2008, 02:41 PM
simpkins
Cruiser

hey - question for you. I see post now and then regarding Rx Glasses and goggle, what have you. Why dont you just wear your standard Glasses?

I have a standard pair of metal rimmed glasses with transition lens....am I missing something?I wear these while riding all the time? Am I in danger of getting blinded by a beetle?

Old 04-04-2008, 02:58 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

I wear oakley glasses for day time and they are good but my night time glasses are smaller and i get a little too much wind in my eyes. The wiley x slyde is more of a wrap around frame that will block more wind and a little larger frame for a little more protection than i have now. They are not goggles. I tried on the goggles but do not like the feel. I have 4 pair of glasses now. 2 oakleys that are 10 yrs old and 2 pair that is 5 yrs old. I am lucky my Rx is still the same.

I wanted to wear 1 pair when i am out on my bike and this looked like the answer. As long as you have the poly lenses i say you will be fine with what you have. Glass lenses are to dangerous and the plastic ones crack easy when struck with anything.

Old 04-04-2008, 03:03 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master

I like the ones with the foam around the edges to keep the beetles out. Not much air gets in either.

Old 04-04-2008, 04:04 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior

I have a pair of Wiley X (Brick I think)I got from OpticsPlanet. They are transitions and progressive lenses. They also have the foam seals which are removable. The work fairly good for all riding conditions......

JD

Old 04-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Just bought a new pair of WilelyX, Airrage model with transition lenses and a bi-focal. They have a removable eyecup.
My old pair was panoptics, Kona model, similar lenses.
They were both made at SportRX. I like both but think the Panoptics are better quality frames.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:04 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Anyone have any trouble with Wiley-X SG1 prescriptions?

I can only see clear out the lenses if I turn my head and look out the left side. They remade the lenses, same problem. Great frames, but I thing they are made for guys with very wide heads.

They look good though. I'll be the one on the Blue Road King always looking to my right!

Old 04-04-2008, 06:42 PM
slankard
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Find a Wal-mart with an optical dept. They sell spring loaded sun glass clips that fit almost any shape frame. They have little hooks that grip your glasses on each side, upper and lower. The spring keeps them tight and they will not blow off. They are about $15. They even come with their own carrying case.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:16 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cromagnon

Anyone have any trouble with Wiley-X SG1 prescriptions?

I can only see clear out the lenses if I turn my head and look out the left side. They remade the lenses, same problem. Great frames, but I thing they are made for guys with very wide heads.

They look good though. I'll be the one on the Blue Road King always looking to my right!
Sounds like the PD might be off. Get your pupil distance checked again and check the rx you gave to have them made.

Quick Reply: Rx Glasses