Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3M paint protection Fairing install

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 10:43 AM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3M paint protection Fairing install

ORIGINAL: drrandall1

A leather bra would look great ober my new airbrushed fairing
I knew you would find that FUNNY..!!![:@]

Old 04-04-2008, 08:27 PM
RG Guy
Intermediate

I agree with Creepshow. I bought from a vendor here (who shall be nameless) for 49 bucks, (bag lid covers). They were so (unprecise) didn't fit with the curves on the lids so I just didn't install. By the product somewere else and cut them your self. Couldn't be any worse
Just MHOI

Old 04-05-2008, 06:36 PM
profinish
Banned

RG Guy...

Let me give you a little bit of advise Mr. keyboard toughguy... hopefully, you're intelligent enough to take this to heart and learn not to butt into a thread that doesn't pertain to you.

Since you're obviously comfortable in freely making disparaging comments regarding the products of others to which you apparently know nothing about... I would strongly suggest in the future, and for your own benefit, to do some due dilligence on your part to cover your a** before you open your mouth and stick your foot in it. Others may not take to kindly to your motives.

I don't have a lot of tolerance for ignorant individuals who can't communicate or read instructions.

That was a pretty bold statement you made regarding my product. I'm reaching out on a limb here... but, maybe you should have read the instructions or given me a call before pulling the bitch move like you did.

Besides, the post was regarding feedback on anyone who installed a fairing kit... I don't believe you fell into that category and your $.02 comment wasn't needed or appropriate.

Here's your comment...

"I bought from a vendor here (who shall be nameless) for 49 bucks, (bag lid covers). They were so (unprecise) didn't fit with the curves on the lids so I just didn't install. By the product somewere else and cut them your self. Couldn't be any worse."

I would suggest you keep your comments to yourself unless they're pertinent and relevant.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:51 PM
RG Guy
Intermediate

Grow Up!!

Old 04-05-2008, 09:17 PM
RG Guy
Intermediate

First of all, I would not wish anyone to go through what you have been through.. I was trying to support a fellow rider and felt good about buying the lid covers. What I did not feel good about was the fact that the cuts were a less than desirable. In fact, I felt like I was taken advantage of and do not appreciate it. To each his own. Buyer beware.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:35 PM
achog88
Intermediate

After reading the above post, I feel the need to speak up for Mike and his productsfrom Profinish. I recently bought a Batwing Kit fromhim for my 06 StreetGlide. Everything arrived nicely packed in 2 heavy duty mailing tubes with detail instruction sheet. I took the time and read the instructions and also looked at the video on his web site. Even though I have not installedthe whole kityet, the pieces I had put on my saddle bags fit perfectly. I am not sure what kind problems RC Guy ran into in term of fit, but mine certainly had no problems. Furthermore, with the contacts I had with Mike, he has been courtesy and helpful. I am sure if you have a problem with the product he sold you, he will stand behind it and take care of your concerns. In term of installation, as mvinc01 has mentionedin his detail post, all you have to do is take your time, have all your materialpreparedand follow instructions. There is really nothing to it. For those of you who are skeptical about this product, I just want to state clearly that I am not affiliated with Mike at Profinish nor do I sell 3M protection film, I am just a happy customer with what I have purchased. Good luck and ride safe.

Old 04-06-2008, 02:21 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is what I was worried about. RG guy I hear ya. There is not one person here that has ever bought this product for their bagger and could give a response or post a picture. That is why I made this thread. The only respose I ever got from this guy is "If you could read directions you can do it".Mr. Profinsh take your business to Craigslist and get you business no where. Your customer service sucks and this thread will prove you and your business deserve no place at hdforums.com. Your bad attitude needs to go elsewhere.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:28 AM
achog88
Intermediate

Just let me charm in one last time on this topic.The installation of the 3M film onmy saddle bags went smoothly without any problems. The bags are probably the easiest parts to do, since you can remove them and take them to a bright and clean environment to work on. Furthermore,saddle bags have no curve areas to"adjust" or "shape" the film to so it went very smoothly. As for pictures, there really isn't much to see since the stuff is CLEAR. I guess one can zoom in and take a picture of the film edgeonce it is installed, but I don't think that is what you want to see. I think what you are hoping for is someone to picture/video document the whole install process ona bike and share it on the forum. Unfortuately, I am not that tech savvy to do it. May be someone else can share the experience with us. Next time when you are out riding with a group or stop by your HD shop, take a lookat the bikes around you, you may be surprise to "see" how many have the clear and almost invisible film on their bikes. Ride safe.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why this thread was about the fairing. Profinish just needs to work on his customer service skills. Customer service is what I do for a living.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:06 PM
RG Guy
Intermediate

Yes, I know not about the fairing but was just giving my opionion on the product and quality of the cut. Look , the last thing I want to do is **** someone off. That said, I was not complaining about the "Install", I didn't get that far! My issue is, I paid 49 bucks and at least expected that the lid cover would be the same shape, (tops of the lids are cornered). I know there are no "curves" on the lids. I guess I "assumed" they would be "machined or lazer" cut. They were not.