Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB on Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:39 PM
SGChick
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB on Street Glide

Has anybody put an HD CB on anFLHX? And have the part #'s? Have decided on the HD for a clean install but confused on Tank console #'s etc. Also if the shortie antennas work without the TP coil as in the Ultras? Thanks for any help!

Old 04-03-2008, 12:48 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: CB on Street Glide

The problem with mounting the HD CB on your FLHX is that you will lose the nice long chrome tank console and replace it with the Ultra tank console that is shorter. That's why the catalog lists among the parts to purchase for this installation the FLHT trim piece, PN 52447-96, page 407 of the P&A catalog,to cover the gap from the front of your SG seat to the shorter Ultra tank console.

I've been considering the installation of the HD system on my '04 EG that has the long tank console (purchased from the accessory catalog)like yours, but don't want to give it up to install the shorter Ultra tank console. It's feasible to purchase the wire harness that goes into the that tank console for the CB, it's athirty dollar item, and then locate it somewhere else and lengthen the wiresif necessary as is done with longer wires for apes, etc.

Good luck with your project.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:01 PM
SGChick
Tourer

Thanks Pingman, Thant's an idea, going with a different location, wewere going to go with the SE chrome console http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_USbut like you said, ittoo needs a filler. The nice thing about the HD kit is that it comes with pre wired handle bar switchs and fairing speaker switch. Although adding a chrome console is extra $$ and a redundent item.

Old 04-03-2008, 02:07 PM
Scootr
Road Master

I'm sorry I can't help on this. I thought of putting a HD cb on my FLHX a while back but can't remember the parts now. I ended up not doing it after seeing how much time and $$$$ it costs to do it right. I would only use it on long cross country trips with other Ultra riders anyway so I figured I could deal without it for the once a year use. Good luck.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
SGChick
Tourer

Thanks anyway Scootr!

Old 04-04-2008, 02:26 PM
jjsanta
Tourer

I knocked around the idea of the HD version or the J&M for year - either is going to cost you around $1000 to do right, and I didn't want to put that plain black console that Harley requires on my SG anyway. I couldn't justify it since I would only be using it for some club rides. I ended up with a set up I found on Ebay for $199. It includes a Cobra CB, all the wiring and a headset w/mic. I've tried it out on a couple of rides and it works perfectly. The seller's name on Ebay is: moneymanhere He was great to do business with - very responsive.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:03 PM
SGChick
Tourer

Thanks jjsanta, we thought about going that route but prefer the clean look of the HD unit. HD does have a SE chrome console instead of the black (link above), but still requires the shorter unit and a filler. Great deal from moneymanhere though.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:14 PM
mnr60
Cruiser

Don't know if this will help but I saw it on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 04-04-2008, 08:09 PM
SGChick
Tourer

Thanks mnr60, Yes, I saw that too. It is one of the needed parts but HD lists it as#76416-06B. The ones on ebay do not have a "b" at the end. Not sureifit matters though.