Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got a dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:30 AM
jbhawley
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally got a dyno tune

I finally broke down and had my 01 Ultra put on the dyno this week at a local indy shop. I put a PCIII on last year from fuelmoto and had Jamie load a map of my set up. I should have had the dyno tune sooner, but i was slack..
All i can say is WOW>>>
First, the PCIII map from fuel moto was real close to what i actually needed for my bike...REAL CLOSE...good going Jamie.
Second, i had the tech to lean out the fuel just a bit from 60 - 75 mph range for better milage at highway speeds. Since i often ride two up and pull a trailer. He put a slight load on the dyno to simulate the bike pulling a load.
Third, after all that and a new map i gained 4 HP and 3 Ft Lb torque.
Lastly, WOW AGAIN...what a difference. The engine sounds different, the bike has more power and better response time. Best 125$ i have spent in a while.

Gents, save the money from all the bling you are getting and spend 225$ on something USEFUL.
50$ on a service manual from HD
25$ on a parts book from HD
125$ on a dyno tuning
25$ or so on a good tool kit to keep on your bike.

You will not be sorry for that investment. I do my own wrencing, always have on all my vehicles so i have, needless to say, a elaborate set of tools that i accumulated over the years. But tuning a PC is somenthing that cannot be done by sound and feel you need the proper macnine, i.e.dyno. Make sure the tech doing the tuning is experienced. Mine was. A great guy. Two Wheel Accesories in Rocky Mount NC...if anyone is that way. I get all my parts/oil, filters, etc from him and save 10% to boot. Ask for Tom he will treat you like family. He runs his shop like HD should run theirs...