Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocated Chopped Tour-Pak

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Relocated Chopped Tour-Pak

I re-located the Chopped Tour-Pak rearward and removed backrest pad. It was too close to the seat to be comfortable with the backrest pad on it. I will probably put a separate backrest pad on the solo seat; probably will have to get another seat to do so. Benefit of the new Tour-Pak position is a longer sleeker look.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts
Default RE: Relocated Chopped Tour-Pak

Sorry, that looks weird.

Old 04-01-2008, 04:46 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it but man let me tell ya I lvoe thaat ultra it is the inspration on a street glide with a ultra tourpack. That is just the cleanest best looking ultra I've seen! I like the king. different look to the tourpack. You should find a good fiberglas guy and put extensions on the pack that would look cool!

Old 04-01-2008, 04:47 PM
maxflhx
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. Kinda looks streched. What solo are you using now?

Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: maxflhx

I like it. Kinda looks streched. What solo are you using now?
Corbin Hollywood Solo. I don't think they make a backrest for that seat.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:48 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,391 Likes on 5,511 Posts

intresting
That a look here a few of these ideas add to what you have going there may really be a mind blower
http://www.milwaukeebagger.com/

Old 04-02-2008, 03:51 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

love the bags but the pak with no passenger seat looks weird....jmo

Old 04-02-2008, 06:54 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

It's unusual to see a solo seat with a two-up detachable rack--so the look takes a bit of getting used to FOR ME, anyway. I went the other way with my bike and moved the King TP from the two-up detchable rack to a solo detachable. It's not sleek, but the box is seldom on the bike, but when it is on the bike, the bike handles better having the weight on or in front of the rear tire instead of hanging off the back of the bike IMO.

I like the look on your bike, Fast Eddie, whether the chopped box is on the two-up or solo rack.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:26 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I moved my Chopped Pac back also. I think it looks great and sleek, like you say.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

It's unusual to see a solo seat with a two-up detachable rack--so the look takes a bit of getting used to FOR ME, anyway. I went the other way with my bike and moved the King TP from the two-up detchable rack to a solo detachable. It's not sleek, but the box is seldom on the bike, but when it is on the bike, the bike handles better having the weight on or in front of the rear tire instead of hanging off the back of the bike IMO.

I like the look on your bike, Fast Eddie, whether the chopped box is on the two-up or solo rack.
Well my problem is this. If you notice the photo in my signature I have the Tour-Pak mounted with the close up solo rack. The Corbin Seat does not work with the close up solo rack.I have two problems. One, the solo rack rubs against the seat (eventually it would wear through the leather) and two, the backrest pad is too close to the seat, even mounted in the most rearward position on the solo rack. I can use the solorack if I get another brand of solo seat. I really like the Corbin seat. I have ridden 500 miles a day with it and it is comfortable on long rides. I can also mount the Tour-Pack with the backrest pad in a most forward position on the two up rack and close the open gap between the solo seat and Tour-Pak. It looks like the backrest pad is useful but in reality it is too far back to be of any use andit is purely cosmetic. Also, the Tour-Pak looks awkward on the two up rack mounted so far forward. I guess I will see how the look wears and if it doesn't I will get another brand of solo seat or do like AtkRW and put a two up seat on and re-install the backrest pad.

Quick Reply: Relocated Chopped Tour-Pak