Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocated Chopped Tour-Pak

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:31 AM
EG Dave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Relocated Chopped Tour-Pak

Fast Eddie,

Looking good from my angle... also noticed in your other pics, it appears you have lowered the rear, is true?

Thinking about same movement so better distance between me an wife on longer rides.

Ride often & ride safe,

Dave

Old 04-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Fast Eddie: I've read about the fitment problem of the Corbin solo seat (at least some of them anyway; perhaps not all of them) with the solo detachable rack. I'm considering a Corbin Classic solo and if the solo rack hits it, I'd see if I could grind off a portion of the front of the rack to eliminate the rubbing. Don't know if this is a feasible solution since I have no idea how much material would need to be removed to eliminate the rubbing. If I didn't like the look of the rack after that, would see if a local plater or powder coat guy could improve the cosmetics of the rack.

It's a bummer to have to consider giving up a seat that you are comfortable on and looks great.[:@]

Hope you find a solution.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:33 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

Fast Eddie: I've read about the fitment problem of the Corbin solo seat (at least some of them anyway; perhaps not all of them) with the solo detachable rack. I'm considering a Corbin Classic solo and if the solo rack hits it, I'd see if I could grind off a portion of the front of the rack to eliminate the rubbing. Don't know if this is a feasible solution since I have no idea how much material would need to be removed to eliminate the rubbing. If I didn't like the look of the rack after that, would see if a local plater or powder coat guy could improve the cosmetics of the rack.

It's a bummer to have to consider giving up a seat that you are comfortable on and looks great.[:@]

Hope you find a solution.
I have considered cutting out a small semi circle of the rack to fit around the seat. It certainly is feasible butI believe it would be difficult to do without re-chroming the rack. However, it is another option for me.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: EG Dave

Fast Eddie,

Looking good from my angle... also noticed in your other pics, it appears you have lowered the rear, is true?

Thinking about same movement so better distance between me an wife on longer rides.

Ride often & ride safe,

Dave
I have a Legend Air Ride system on it so it can be raised or lowered. Works great. I am going to puta similar systemon my Ultra Classic (which now has Street Glide rear shocks on it) as it bottoms out occassionally when I ride two up. With the adjustable system you can adjust it on the fly.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:50 PM
old.gezr
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Fast Eddie, how did you support the rear of the tour pak that is hanging off the back? Any worries with it cracking? Great look bike.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: old.gezr

Hey Fast Eddie, how did you support the rear of the tour pak that is hanging off the back? Any worries with it cracking? Great look bike.
I am using all the original holes in the Tour-Pak and Rack; I did not drill any new holes; I Just put it as far back as it would go. So far no problems.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:15 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it ain't chopped, it's UGLY!!!