Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone seen this ? TBW causes death

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Sillverback
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone seen this

ORIGINAL: The Baron

For sure, without knowing the situation. Riding MX has given me a habit of always riding with a finger on the front brake and two on the clutch, always, just in case.

Ha...that's awesome. I thought I was the only one that did that. I also catch myself shifting my weight to the outside floorboard going into turns.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:41 PM
YodaddyKeith
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anyone seen this ? TBW causes death

There will be more sad tales to follow....you wait n see....TBW (as designed by HD) will kill/injure many of us yet.....mark my words.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 PM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Anyone seen this

ORIGINAL: captjon37

Good God, People believe anything. Everything and every product could be linked to a death but that does not mean if you own that product you will die. People die everyday of something. i find it hard to believe that TBW will be causeing multiple deaths or was the cause of that bull@#$% story death. If you believe everything you read you better build a bomb shelter under your house and live there and never come out. Then again, what would you build it with. Cement is responsible for many deaths. Wood too. Hammers,nails,electricity,water. The end is near. Do yourself a favor and pull the trigger.
During the past several months, there have been several threads about this issue. It is clear that something MIGHT be wrong. MOCO needs to investigate. I am glad I have an 07 with throttle cables.....

Old 04-01-2008, 08:51 PM
crackercap
Road Master

Ditto

Old 04-01-2008, 08:52 PM
PITA
Cruiser

That's beyond sad. RIP

But blaming it on a technology that's as widespread on cars as it is (it's on my '05)without a solid caseof repetitive failures, or even one documented case, does nobody any good.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:01 PM
king_me
Novice

My condolence's

Heard about this from several friends, I'm in DFW. God bless. I send my regards with CJ & Justrite.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Forget About It
Banned

Yes its terrible

Old 04-01-2008, 09:08 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: LdyMjo

I'm very sorry for the family's loss, and the road ahead for the wife.Ripper, thank you for the post. I am a new riderwith approx. 650on an 08 XL1200N and had my throttle stick yesterday in first. I am not sure if my set up is the same, but I will have it looked at. Yesterday I re-checked everything I was doing and there was nothing that should have been causing this. I just thought hum, must be cold or something--idle sticking. It seemed fine later in the day. I hadn't heard of this problem with any HD model before.

And hey, captjohn37, WTF? A head's up is an appropriate thing, and he's got a good reason to give us one. I did not read a dark omen in this, just concern. There is too much on this site that tries to blow off precautions becausesomefolks don't want to hear it. Someof us are grateful. Lighten up.
Glad I could help But, your bike does not have this type of throttle system so if it was/is sticking take it to the dealer ASAP and get it checked out because any sticking is an unsafe condition........ Good luck and ride safe

Old 04-01-2008, 09:22 PM
ToadsUltra07
Cruiser

My condolence to the family and friends.

ToadsUltra07

Old 04-01-2008, 09:24 PM
wannett
4th Gear

my condolances to you and your family
i have had a prob with my 08 roadking that i posted a few days ago,but mine only happens in hot weather and i only notice it when i come to a stop it tends to idle very high i actually twisted the throttle back and held it there soon as i released it it went back to high idle again which would probably suggest it is being told to do this by the comp. when i rang my dealer he said it was to do with high temp conditions and it will sort itself out the more miles i do.thanks for your post and i think i will be calling my dealer and ask for an explanation in writingif anyone else has had the same prob as me i would like to know.

Quick Reply: Anyone seen this ? TBW causes death