Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sert or pc III

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:29 PM
harleymikeny
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sert or pc III

i have a 06 se ultra classic with rhineheart true duals and high flow air kit, bought a sert from dealer then found out he cant install , no hd around me have dyno. found a place that builds customs bikes that does dynos, they said that power comander was the way to go. they said i have to sign a waver before they do dyno. im scared! will having a pcIII void my warrenty, and can something go wrong doing a dyno. please help me ... my wife wants to get this for my birthday so i got to jump on this. thanks ahead of time for all your help

Old 02-07-2006, 09:37 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: sert or pc III

This is just my opinion ( easy on the flaming please ) but I would buy the tuner that the local shops use and have good results with. The SERT may be better, but if you have to trailer your bike 150 miles to get someone to tune it, it aint no good. I prefer the PCIII but alot of that decision is due to the fact that we have an authorized dynojet tuning center less than 20 miles away. The guy did a great job, for a reasonable price...full custom map....$195.00 Bike runs great!

nogood o~`o

Old 02-07-2006, 09:39 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

GO WITH THE SERT. IT IS MUCH BETTER. THEW LOCAL GUY CANT GET A SERT EXCEPT FOR THE SAME WAY YOU DO WHICH IS WHY HE IS PUSHING PC3. HE GETS BETTER PROFIT ON A PC3. I am telling you i have been down this road with power commanders and they cannot compare to a sert.I never heard of signing a waiver and would not. get someone else to do it.They are trying not to be responsible for that 32k bike. I would just hold off until i found someone who could do it. go to a search enging and type in john the dyno guy. he is one of the best in the country and travels the us. check his schedule. he normally attends all big rallys.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

The PCIII will work without the DYNO tune if you can find a map close to your setup but I have to assume that with your pipes and A/C you must have either a StageI or StageII download. The Problem currently with the PCIII and "06models with a download is that there is no map that fits your exact setup. All of the maps for the '06 models are for a stock ECM therefore a dyno is neccessary. I know because I just went through that same dilemma.
I decided on the SERT and was furtunate enough to have a dealer 40 miles away with a DYNO. The SERT is more flexible and in the long run a much better choice. That just my opinion and I'm sure the opinion of a few others on this forum. I was extremely satisfied with the results obtained with the SERT.
If you are going to put the bike on a dyno you may as well go with the SERT.

Frank

Old 02-07-2006, 10:11 PM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

Forget all the hype, go with what’s easiest and what you like; it all works. Getter done and enjoy your ride. Just my .02

Old 02-07-2006, 10:36 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran a canned map in my PCIII because I did my upgrades at 200 miles....too fresh to be wrung out on a dyno....bike ran perfect on the canned map....it ran better with the custom map. The PCIII can be TUNED ON YOUR HOME COMPUTER! That has to be a selling point for some folks....it was for me!

nogood o~`o

Old 02-07-2006, 10:47 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I have Rineharts on my roadglide. It is hard to use a canned map on true duals. You may be able to get it where it runs pretty good but it will never be right until you get it dyno'd. The only reason they make you sign a waiver is because they are going in to high RPM's and there is always that slim chance that it could blow. I've never heard of anyone blowing a motor on a dyno other than Paul Jr. on American Chopper who dyno'd a brand new big inch motor with 0 miles on it. For once I'm gonna say go with the PCIII and the tuner you talked about with the dyno. If you could find someone to do the SERT you would be much better off with the true duals.

Good Luck

Old 02-07-2006, 11:13 PM
SiCkEl_RiDeR
Advanced

ORIGINAL: harleymikeny

i have a 06 se ultra classic with rhineheart true duals and high flow air kit, bought a sert from dealer then found out he cant install , no hd around me have dyno. found a place that builds customs bikes that does dynos, they said that power comander was the way to go. they said i have to sign a waver before they do dyno. im scared! will having a pcIII void my warrenty, and can something go wrong doing a dyno. please help me ... my wife wants to get this for my birthday so i got to jump on this. thanks ahead of time for all your help
I've read all the threads.. would this thread(see below) on another topic aid in this "dyno" issue?

https://www.hdforums.com/m.asp?m=262044&mpage=1&key=

Old 02-07-2006, 11:51 PM
UltraScoot
Road Captain

I ran a canned map in my PCIII because I did my upgrades at 200 miles....too fresh to be wrung out on a dyno....
Exact reason I went with PCIII had only 28 miles and was impatient, and the fact there was a 06 map for my set up available. It will go to dyno at 1000K. Runs good now...

Old 02-08-2006, 10:59 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Before jumping the gun I would do some more research to find a HD Dealer with a dyno and SERT experience. It seems you already know what you wanted when you bought the SERT. Then if you can't find something go with the PCIII. I wouldn't rush the decision.