Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 Player

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 10:01 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MP3 Player

Well I finally moved into the new millineum last weekend and bought Scandisk MP3 player. Spent all weekend loading it with music then connected it to my Road Glide radio. Can't hear the "MF"er! I guess the aux jack doesn't go through the radio amplifier or am I doing something wrong?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
harleykris
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MP3 Player

It does play thru the radio. You must be doing something wrong. Does your mps player have a volume control? I used one until I found out how many songs I could squeeze on to one cd. Ten hours of music and nothing sticking out of the fairing!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:10 AM
harleykris
Tourer

One more thing. What format are your songs recorded in. If they're not mp3 I don't think they will play. Are you using Itunes?

Old 04-01-2008, 10:16 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

I'm using a Scandisk Sauza MP3 player with a jackfrom my headphones on the player to the plug on the radio. If I turn the radio up full volume you can barely hear the music. I also have the MP3 player volume maxed. I can hear it at idle and that's it!

Old 04-01-2008, 10:21 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

Hey Kris. How do I tell whatt format they recorded in. I took them directly from my personnally recorded CD's and transferred them to my MP3 player.

Thanks....

Old 04-01-2008, 10:24 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: harleykris

It does play thru the radio. You must be doing something wrong. Does your mps player have a volume control? I used one until I found out how many songs I could squeeze on to one cd. Ten hours of music and nothing sticking out of the fairing!
How'd you get 10 hours of music on a cd? I could go for that! really I just plced the MP3 player in my glove box with a short jumper to the radio, but hey, if it don't work I'm all for 10 hours on a CD.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:32 AM
harleykris
Tourer

I downloaded all of my cd's into Itunes, but you have to down in the mp3 format. Make a play list of your favorite tunes and then burn your recordable disk as an mp3. I'm not a computer techy guy, but I found thru trial and error that that works. I've got to get to work, but if you'd like a more detailed description of how to do this let me know.

One quick ? scotter, then I'm outta here. Does the radio play okay? Gotta run, I'll check back later.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:58 AM
acid_chipmunk
Tourer

If you are playing thru an mp3 player, files can be either mp3 or wma. It doesn't matter since all the stereo is doing is putting out the sound, not reading the data. On cd's, if you burn them, the files must ALL be in mp3 format othwise they won't play. As for the amount of time you get out of a cd, that varies. I use 700mb cd's and can get almost 200 songs depending on the song length. Obviously the larger the size of the cd, the more songs you can get.

As for your sound problem, I am not sure about it. I use a Sony Walkman 4gb mp3 player and with the sound turned all the way up on my layer, it doesn't need turned up a whole lot on the bike unless we are cruising on the highway or in traffic. One thing that you could try is a radio converter. It plugs into your player and then uses a radio frequency to play your music thru. I use one in my car since it doesn't have an aux port to plug a cord into. The radio thing use lower radio stations (ie 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, and 88.7) to play your music thru.

I hope this helps.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:03 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

Radio, CD & weather band all work fine but the MP3 player just doesn't. I had to download the newest version of Windows Media player (11) just so it would recognize the MP3 player. Then I created playlists and sync'd them to my player. The MP3 player works fine but it's like the radio isn't amplifying the signal.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:05 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: acid_chipmunk

If you are playing thru an mp3 player, files can be either mp3 or wma. It doesn't matter since all the stereo is doing is putting out the sound, not reading the data. On cd's, if you burn them, the files must ALL be in mp3 format othwise they won't play. As for the amount of time you get out of a cd, that varies. I use 700mb cd's and can get almost 200 songs depending on the song length. Obviously the larger the size of the cd, the more songs you can get.

As for your sound problem, I am not sure about it. I use a Sony Walkman 4gb mp3 player and with the sound turned all the way up on my layer, it doesn't need turned up a whole lot on the bike unless we are cruising on the highway or in traffic. One thing that you could try is a radio converter. It plugs into your player and then uses a radio frequency to play your music thru. I use one in my car since it doesn't have an aux port to plug a cord into. The radio thing use lower radio stations (ie 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, and 88.7) to play your music thru.

I hope this helps.
Someone I talked to last week had to use the radio converter on his Ipod because his older glide didn't have a plug. I guess I can try that if it isn't too expensive. I'd really like to just use the plug!

Quick Reply: MP3 Player