Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 Player

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 11:09 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: MP3 Player

ORIGINAL: acid_chipmunk

If you are playing thru an mp3 player, files can be either mp3 or wma. It doesn't matter since all the stereo is doing is putting out the sound, not reading the data. On cd's, if you burn them, the files must ALL be in mp3 format othwise they won't play. As for the amount of time you get out of a cd, that varies. I use 700mb cd's and can get almost 200 songs depending on the song length. Obviously the larger the size of the cd, the more songs you can get.

As for your sound problem, I am not sure about it. I use a Sony Walkman 4gb mp3 player and with the sound turned all the way up on my layer, it doesn't need turned up a whole lot on the bike unless we are cruising on the highway or in traffic. One thing that you could try is a radio converter. It plugs into your player and then uses a radio frequency to play your music thru. I use one in my car since it doesn't have an aux port to plug a cord into. The radio thing use lower radio stations (ie 88.1, 88.3, 88.5, and 88.7) to play your music thru.

I hope this helps.
OK. One more thing. Are you using a standard 700 meg CD and converting your music to the MP3 format on the disc? Is that how you can get so many songs on a CD? I mean the most I got on my CD's was 18 songs. There must be another format? Frickin' computers!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:24 AM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I am using a sansa MP3 on my bike. Make sure the jacks are pushed all the way in. With MP3 playing is 2X louder than radio, you must have a setting wrong??

Old 04-01-2008, 11:27 AM
jcog07flhx
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are using your computer to burn songs from a cd to the cd, you first have to tell Windows media player to rip music in a mp3 format under tools options. If you have them in a library on your computer already they will not be in the correct format. Windows Media player defaults ripping music as .wma files. Which will work but they are bigger in size than mp3's. Also when you make the cd, tell it at the begining that you are making a "data" CD that way it will go by the size of the file and not the length of the song. The radio reads the file by the extention just like your computer. I have put as many as 400 songs on one cd only to find out the the player in my 07 Street Glide will only go up to 255 so i have four or five cd's with 255 songs. It's awesome!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

Thanks amigo. I am a little slow on this stuff!

OK. I did rip songs to my computer from my older CD's and then sent them to my MP3 player. I didn't go to tools and check the format. Is there a way to convert the format or do I have to rip the music again? If I rip it in MP3 format I can just burn a CD using the MP# format? I never knew that. Guess I'll try to look into it the next couple of days.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:41 AM
scootertramp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: CREEPSHOW

I am using a sansa MP3 on my bike. Make sure the jacks are pushed all the way in. With MP3 playing is 2X louder than radio, you must have a setting wrong??
What kind of setting and where?

Gracias...

Old 04-01-2008, 11:48 AM
capt_caveman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know there is a firmware upgrade for the HK radios. You may want to double check and see if you need it.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:52 AM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know what model you have but I use and only know about the C200. Mine has a equalizer uder settings. I get best results from it being in the normal position. Also, mine has a volume option under settings, set it to high. I am not sure what the problem is but like I said, mine doubles the volume using MP3.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:25 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: CREEPSHOW

I don't know what model you have but I use and only know about the C200. Mine has a equalizer uder settings. I get best results from it being in the normal position. Also, mine has a volume option under settings, set it to high. I am not sure what the problem is but like I said, mine doubles the volume using MP3.
Man - I am one ignorant old bastard! Yaa - mine has an equalizer & I think I have it set to rock. I'll check for the volume setting also.I couldn't find one friend, or any of my 3 sons for that matter, that knows anything about MP3 players.
Thanks for the help!

Old 04-01-2008, 12:28 PM
scootertramp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: capt_caveman

I know there is a firmware upgrade for the HK radios. You may want to double check and see if you need it.
\

Thanks Cap. I just checked it out and I have version 8-19-0, so I should be up to date.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:58 PM
dv102
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check your cable and make sure it is plugged in all way and make sure it is a stereo cable not mono. I had my mp3 doing the same thing and it was the way the cable would go into my player so I went to Radio shak and bought a new one and havent had a problem since.

Quick Reply: MP3 Player