Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just a friendly reminder

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 06:48 AM
real7jake
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just a friendly reminder

We have a lot of airborne chit where I work so we have to wear safety glasses. That habit just kinda spread to when I do work at home especially under a vehicle.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:54 AM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Yogibear

I'm not trying to sound nasty because I really do sympathize,
but why wouldn't you have gone to an emergency room? You could have suffered permanent damage!! Your riding days could
have been over!!

I had a piece of something hit my eye years ago and had
to have it dug out. They almost had to knock me out because
everytime the doc came close to my eye, I would put up my hands. Luckily the 6 foot 6gorilla/orderly was there to "help".

Glad it all worked out man!

Dennis
Just didn't trust my driving... The wife and kids were gone... as my other relitives.. (they all went in the RV) Of course I had to work..
It's kinda ironic, because I know have four days off... go figure.. getting better today though..

Old 04-01-2008, 02:25 PM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior

Glad it wasn't worse. Spent a few hours in a Charleston WV hospital many years ago getting a cinder taken out of my left eye. Bastard managed to get ON TOP of the eye.... damn that was painful.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:28 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you feel better.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Fahpah
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to go to the Emergency Room to have a piece of Fiberglass taken out of my eye. It felt as big as a treebranch but they had to put some dye on it to see it...Sure felt good when it came out!!

Everyone Please wear Eye Protection!

Old 04-01-2008, 07:35 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I am a machinist and I have worn safety glasses since day 1. 31 years and counting, not one eye incident. I wear them at home too. Now that I had Lasik eye surgery and don't have to wear any more prescription glasses, I am even more vigilint about wearing safeties. I just need to buy the ones with bifocal "cheaters" so I can see close up.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Pat
Road Master

I'm taking a cabinet maker diploma course at the community college (isn't retirement fun?) and no one is allowed on the shop floor without safety gear - glasses, shoes, ear plugs, lock out device, no jewelry, rolled sleeves. The penalties are not to be laughed at: first infraction - miss a shop day: 2nd - miss the day and loose 10% of final marks: 3rd - might get expelled.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:02 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, I amglad to read that you got it all taken cared off,,, three weeks to the day I had a freaked accident with the damn antenna right into my eye lid as i went down to pick up a nut....
Boy am I glad that I still have two eyes that work....

Old 04-01-2008, 08:04 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

That Sounds Painful. Hope you have fast recovery.

I wear safety glasses everywhere I go. Oakley makes Nice ones

Old 04-01-2008, 08:29 PM
steeltech
Stage II

I don't usually feel like I have much to add to this forum but this topic is near and dear to my heart. I manage a large number of people in a steel mill and safety is the #1 priority. We have been working on teaching people to adopt safety as a "value" in their lives, not something that is thought about once in a while. The previously posted comments are all excellent, I am adding the necessity to think of protecting ourselves in many other circumstances such as ladder safety and protecting our ears. I realize riding motorcycles is inherently dangerous and many people call me a hypocrit because I ride a motorcycle. There has been a lot of discussion in this forum relating to riding safely and I agree that learning new defensive techniques should be important to all of us. I've been riding for many years and firmly believe that we can ride and be safe. The idea of adopting safety as a "value" will probably save you or a loved one when you least expect it.

Quick Reply: Just a friendly reminder