Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Siren Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Sheep
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Siren Installation

2007 Ultra

Ok. I finally bought a siren and installed it tonight. Had one I put on my RK. Liked it and finally got around to buying one and installing. Does't work though. Won't chirp when I walk away and if I throw my FOB a distance away and then standthe bike up or turn on the ignition, the lights flash but no audible alarm.

When I first bought it I was having the siren put on before I picked it up. They put two on and gave up because it didnt work They thought they needed a new model siren that worked with the 07 models.

Now I'm wondering if something else is wrong. The installation instructions say the internal battery may be dead and needs to be recharged. 4 hours of runnig the bike seems excessive though. Not sure why the internal battery being dead would cause it to not function once its hooked to the wiring harness.

Any ideas other than taking it back to the dealer and telling them something is wrong with the harness?