Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Fans

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Road Glide Fans

I have read about all I can stand to read about the darn Street Glides, daggone, it's just a eglide standard with a radio and everyone acts like it is the only Harley to own. With all the problems everyone has had they can have them. I'm sure glad I bought my Road Glide in 05.

Where are all the Road Glide fans on here, maybe we need to start our own forum?? I know Road Glides are either you love them or you hate them, all I know is after riding a friends when comparing it to a Eglide, my mind was made up, it is by far a better handling bike than the Eglide and if I was to go out today to buy another bike it would be a Road Glide.

Come on Road Glide guys speak up in here!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4934/A142CD88DD544CD3A72CE585B02E5367.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-07-2006, 01:06 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Road Glide Fans

LOL Might be better handling, but the SG has the better looks!!

Old 02-07-2006, 01:16 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess if you like looking like every other bike on the road, rent a Road Glide sometime and go for a ride on the highway at about 80-85mph and try and tell me which bike is better.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Redneck
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a Road Glide fan, ordered mine last month and will be picking it up sometime in March.
Each person has there own taste but I like the looks of the road glide as well as the fixed fairing.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:39 PM
myzen
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my Road Glide in September I was on the fence between the SG and RG. I feel I made the right choice. I love the looks and the way it handles. The best Touring bike in my opinion.

Old 02-07-2006, 01:48 PM
mutha
Road Captain

Without a doubt the best..........and whenever you see tricked baggers it seems to be a road glide.........after all they were the first screamin eagle bagger need i say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2006, 04:02 PM
06BlackFLHXI
Tourer

Im sure Its a great handling bike, but what a butt ugly fairing on that bad boy!! Just my opinion.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:17 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Street Glide and it's more than just an Electra Glide Standard with a radio: No trim on the front fender, gauges, different seat, chrome and black engine, streamliner floorboards, color-matched bag hinges, different mirrors, lowered suspension, different rear fender, and different color options. Quite a bit of stuff if you ask me.

As far as the Road Glide, I test drove one before buying the SG and I'll admit that their stability at highway speeds can't be matched. I may consider a RG in the future, but for now I'm pretty darn happy.

Old 02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Danester
Road Master

HEY HEY HEY - - I love my EGlide Standard! - - I bought her for the "bare essentials" as advertised - intentionally with no Bling - - ......as far as comfort and handling at speed, it is a very comfortable ride, even at 90-100 mph - - ..

Street Glide- - that's nice, that's Harley's way of making a sharp in-between tour bike..bare- but with bling-[sm=bling.gif] - -
Road Glide - - never ridden one -- I'll definately demo one this Spring to check out that frame mounted fairing at highway speeds- - but I'm sold on an Ultra if I buy a new bike in the future! - - one with all the bling!

Old 02-07-2006, 05:03 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

No arguing that the RG is a great riding bike, I just could not get past that hidious looking fairing. Great bike though. I just liked the look and ride of the SG better. To each there own. Different strokes for different folks.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Fans