Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Fans

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 04:48 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Road Glide Fans

If the Road Glide came with a black motor and Street Glide trimmings I woulda jumped all over it. As it is, RG would be my close second choice behind the SG. The styling got me.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Danester
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When was the last time you drove a car and the headlights followed your steering wheel??
Isn't that a feature on some new European cars?

Old 02-08-2006, 07:13 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: MACK

Harley makes about 28 models. Which do you like??
28!?!?! Yup my 1 car garage would explode for sure.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:08 AM
doch4m
Cruiser

Thinking of changing my 03 FLHTPI(EG Bat wing) to a Road glide fairing. Long story short - almost bought a new 05 RG last winter, but at $19K+, it was a little out of my range. Brought home my 03 on 9/1/05. Got it for under $14K out the door with 5400 miles on it. More than $5k less made a big difference. I love my bike, it is in great shape, and I have already made lots of upgrades. I have no interest in selling this bike and looking for different RG. I test rode a RG last winter, and that fixed fairing just flat rides great, regardless of how anyone thinks it looks. This thread got me dreaming.

I am not looking to make it a stock RG, just whatever it would take to get the RG fairing on it as inexpensively as possible, and make it like a "RG Standard". I would use anything from my 03 I could on the switchover (guages, turnsignals, handlebars) and upgrade later if I desire. My bike does not have cruise, radio, and is basically like a EG Standard at the fairing. I don't want to spend the $ now for cruise, radio, etc. I want to upgrade to the 04-06 style fairing, and I would put a clearview shield on it.

Harley0711 (or anyone), have you spec'd out what parts would be needed, at least the basic fairing stuff? I called Chicago HD and rapped with a parts guy for a couple of minutes. He said buy a Touring parts manual for 03, and one for 04. He said that will show every part, bracket, nut, bolt, etc. needed for the change (I have the service manual, but apparantly the parts manual shows everything in detail). Just for fun I had him give me the prices for the Inner and Outer (Primed) RG fairings. Under $500 for both. That got me thinking that this might really work. Obviously, lots of little brackets, lights, bolts, etc., etc. would be needed.

Incidentally, in the back of the service manual, the electrical diagrams show that EG and RG are nearly identical. RK's are shown in seperate drawings, and switching from a RK to a RG would probably be much more involved.

Maybe this summer I'll have a FL(H)T(R)PI!! Anyones thoughts or previous experience would be greatly appreciated.

Doug

Old 02-10-2006, 11:15 AM
gsparesa
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Slider
One last note, someone made a comment about the V-Rod not being a real Harley...think what you will...they are fun to ride...almost as much as my Road Glide!!!
I’m taking a tangent to this thread but I have to agree with this statement from Slider. The V-rod is a BLAST to ride.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:35 PM
tmf2
Cruiser

>The V-rod is a BLAST to ride

Yes, I rode one and they are a great bike. The RG looks has grow on me I think they look just fine of course this
took a span of 30+ years to come to this keeping in mine my first FL was just a short 4 years ago.
All sportys and FX's up until then. As far as SG's go ya they look ok my Custom Stardard looks similar
or.... better said......... the look and styling was basically concieved pror to the factorys SG. If I buy another newer
HD it will be the RG. I'm glad the SG owners are happy with thier purchases but ya know what........ all
Harleys are great no matter what model you choose I've owned and rode several models. Beauty is in the
eye of the beholder. I think the Street Glide looks odd without passing lamps but thats just me.
So whatever you ride just go out enjoy !!

Old 02-11-2006, 02:52 AM
bonez
Advanced

v rode glide

[IMG]local://upfiles/1398/DB8A0DBF099442E28BBB47605167B114.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-11-2006, 02:55 AM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

put some rineharts on it and ill take one!! i like the look

Old 02-11-2006, 12:31 PM
turbo54
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2000 road glide 95 cc thunder head exhust pc 2. Im happy it seems roomy, never road with a fixed fearing, I like it .

[IMG]local://upfiles/3159/7D7969C67C294FCAA19C8B0520E19006.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3159/B90D465E5F10401B916616CFE2CD25D3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-14-2006, 03:19 AM
dmlong
Tourer

A few years back I had a '85 Tourglide(Frame mount fairing). It was a real nice ride. Then I started messing with it and changed it over to the FLHS style. It looked better but didnt ride nearly as well.
If I had to do it all over again I would have left it alone and probably would still own it....

Quick Reply: Road Glide Fans