Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Fans

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 01:01 AM
Slider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Road Glide Fans

First of let me say that I love the Street Glide!

Not as much as the Road Glide, of course!!!

If the FLTR was not available...I would probably buy TCSTD's Duece, before I would buy a EGC, SG or UC.
I just don't want to have the same bike as 20 other people on my block.

None of the big bikes are ideal for curising around town...too damn heavy....but for what they are made for they are great.
There is a reason HD makes so many different models, for people like the ones who read this thread. Everyone wants to be different.

One last note, someone made a comment about the V-Rod not being a real Harley...think what you will...they are fun to ride...almost as much as my Road Glide!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 01:11 AM
jkirisits
Road Captain

i test drove all the bigger bikes before i got my RoadGlide.
What sold me was while i was riding down a two lane road, a dumptruck
passed me. Usually it whipps the bike back and forth. the road glide didnt
move.

This thing is the smoothest riding bike i have ever ridden. My wife finally likes riding with me.

Old 02-08-2006, 02:15 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah...like I mentioned before I like the RG's. I only wish they could be ordered with a black engine instead of silver and without the RG tape/stripes running from the fairing all the way back. That is not to my taste, but it's still an awesme bike either way you look at it.

Old 02-08-2006, 02:31 AM
coolharley
Cruiser

10-4 on the butt ugly fairing. I will admit its been SLOWLY growing on me for years, but I'm still not warmed up to it.

There may be a REASON why there are more EG that RG - they look better. Period.

I have ridden a RG though, and its pretty damn sweet for sure. I'd like one of each please, Santa.

Old 02-08-2006, 02:47 AM
coolharley
Cruiser

I find the majority logic interesting:

I don't want a Harley (model whatever) because everyone drives one, so I ride a Harley (model whatever). Really, don't flatter yourselves so much. If you really wanted to be different you would not be riding a Harley.

Buy it and ride it like hell, 'dont really matter what Harley it is. They are all cool!

Old 02-08-2006, 03:32 AM
gsparesa
Tourer

What you need to do is buy both. That way you don't have to decide on just one. All kidding aside, my FLHTCUI is a better fit for me than my FLTRI. I still love the FLTRI.

[IMG]local://upfiles/296/46C9A5FC84864BA59CF60CE9A6541AE5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-08-2006, 03:34 AM
gsparesa
Tourer

ORIGINAL: gsparesa

What you need to do is buy both. That way you don't have to decide on just one. All kidding aside, my FLHTCUI is a better fit for me than my FLTRI. I still love the FLTRI.

[IMG]local://upfiles/296/46C9A5FC84864BA59CF60CE9A6541AE5.jpg[/IMG]
Correction. The FLTRI is my wife's ride. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-08-2006, 10:43 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: coolharley

I find the majority logic interesting:

I don't want a Harley (model whatever) because everyone drives one, so I ride a Harley (model whatever). Really, don't flatter yourselves so much. If you really wanted to be different you would not be riding a Harley.

Buy it and ride it like hell, 'dont really matter what Harley it is. They are all cool!
[sm=exactly.gif]

It's funny how these guys are getting tired of hearing about the new SG, If that's the case stay out of the threads posted about them.

Old 02-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Half Fast
3rd Gear

I really like all the Glides but when it came time to pull out the check book I got serious and took some demo rides. I had ridden several Eglides over the years but never bought one. I kept riding my Sturgis and pretending it was a touring bike with add on windshield, saddlebags and seat. One good highway ride on the RoadGlide on a windy day was all it took. I always thought the faring was butt ugly with the dual headlights but I can't see that end when I'm in the seat. I really like the protection the faring provides and how all the guages are out far enough in front that I can read them without taking my eyes off the road for too long. The Eglides "dash" is just too much in my face for comfort. The ride is great and I have racked up a lot of miles since I bought the Rglide a year and a half ago. I get absolutely no wiggle in the bike from passing vehicles on the highway. All the Eglides I have ridden did a little dance when an 18 wheeler goes by in the opposite direction. Not scary but noticeable. I ride the Rglide all the time now, in fact I don't hardly ride the Sturgis anymore even on short rides around town.

During 2002 while I was in Sturgis for the Black Hills rally I talked to a lot of Rglide riders. Almost all of them had moved over from Eglides and wouldn't go back. I took note and decided to look hard at one when the time was right for me to get a real road bike. I was laid off from my job in early 2003 so a new bike that year was out of the question the old Sturgis kept me out on two wheels between job interviews. I took a job later that year that had me working in Iraq through 2004 and my 2nd day back home with a pocket full of money I went to the local dealer to by a RG. I was turned off to the silver engine and wheels and the racing stripe on the faring that draws your eyes to the butt ugly dual headlights. So I looked for a used 2003 and found a low mileage beauty that was loaded to the hilt with goodies. No regrets ever since. I love the bike and have even grown fond of the dual headlights. I sure like how well I can see the road ahead at night! When I finally do get another bike it will be another RG as long as the MoCo goes back to the black engine and dumps that faring stripe. ROADGLIDES RULE!

Old 02-08-2006, 04:38 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

Half Fast,

Nice write up. I too was pissed when I found out I couldn't get a black engine, even inquired about a factory option for it-no go. I'm not thrilled about the paint scheme either, inquired about a factory option on paint-no go.

I could not find a used RG in my area with low miles in a decent color, so I broke down and ordered what I felt is one of the better colors for this bike. The black pearl color also blends in well with the silver engine, imo. As far as the silver engine is concerned, so far I'm finding it much easier to maintain than the black (which will be good for a road bike). But more time and miles will be the true test...

Quick Reply: Road Glide Fans