Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Fans

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Road Glide Fans

ORIGINAL: wnogood

I am definitely a fan now! I had trouble getting past that fairing myself.....it's different.....but from the business side of it....I LOVE IT! That fairing makes a big difference in the feel of the bike. My favorite bagger ( before I bought my glide ) was an EG. But not any more. I like to stand out in a crowd......not blend in.....granted....black is a popular color on RG's......you just dont see many RG's. Some say a EGUC is the top of the food chain.....I'll have to dissaggree....

nogood o~`o
Yep, that's right.....and roadglides love gourmet food.

Old 02-07-2006, 09:46 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I, for one, NEVER said I hated, or even disliked the SG's. They look great. I almost bought one.

Any of you SG riders been to a rally lately? They ought to call it a "Street glide" reunion instead of a bike rally. There are so many "Electra glide" models already....standard, street glide, and ultra classic....dont get me wrong....I love 'em....but there are so many that look the same. Sue me, hate me, hell, even stone me if you must......but I like to be a little different.....I hope no one takes offense, but....thats just me....

nogood o~`o

Old 02-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I did a lot of renting and riding other models before I settled on the Road Glide. It is a keeper. I have not ridden the Street Glide, however, as it was not available before I bought the RG, but I'm hooked on the frame mounted fairing; less of a problem in windy conditions.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:02 PM
jfanton
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glides rock...

[IMG]local://upfiles/4788/124B2BCFA0A042C39FF1B647E46D6E2B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-07-2006, 10:09 PM
MiniMe
Road Master

I can't afford to be different.................................[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

WNOGOOD,

That was my point exactly, when I started this thread, it's not that I dislike any of the other glides, it is just that they all look alike and I, like yourself like being able find my bike in a crowd. I like the Street Glide and feel for the guys having so much trouble getting them to run right.

I am a true believer in to each their own and I know that some people don't like the look of the RG because of the fairing and that is fine, I like my bike for the way it rides. I don't believe in trailering anywhere and I take 300 to 400 mile rides on any given weekend day and some weekends both days so I love the RG for that.

Thundercloud

Old 02-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Pauljr
Cruiser

Thundercloud , your right Man. Enough about the SG ,very cool bike but enough already.
I own an FLHTCI but had a chance to ride a RoadGlide and have to say if I where to do it again especially for big miles it would be the RoadGlide for me. Never really liked the styling but the new Fairing looks great. See you down the road.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:17 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

At first I hated the Road Glide - bought the FLHTCI two years ago and have loved it - being short (5'6") I have lowered the bike, shortened the wind shield - got a chopped tour pack and painted the inner fairing gloss black - in the past two years - I have grown to really like the Road Glide and have heard the "Feel" of the front end {compaired to the FLT} feels lighter - since the fairing is frame mounted and Not front end mounted - it has to "feel" lighter - I have one rented for a July HOG Fly&Ride from Boston up to Nova Scotia for a week - Since I really like the Way my bike is fixed and I like the colors - I have delted with wwwchicagoharley.com (20% off and no shipping) I have priced out all the parts and with me doing the work - If my ride this July is what I expect - I will have the first (at least in my block) FLHTCI Road Glide - I will let you all know how it turns out ... I have been studing the parts book and talking to my service contact - it can be done - and the price is about what sales tax would be if you and I just swapped bikes here in CA - DMV gets sales tax on Retail value even if you and I swap titles and NO money exchanges hands... Really sucks but thats DMV for ya

Bottom line - I now like the looks of the Road Glide and the Looks of the FLH bikes... More later...

Old 02-07-2006, 10:19 PM
kt
Tourer

Same here, when I started looking around I didnt like the RG style I like the EG, But I am sure glad I got my RG its a great bike.

Kenny

Old 02-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Topper
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Thundercloud

WNOGOOD,

That was my point exactly, when I started this thread, it's not that I dislike any of the other glides, it is just that they all look alike and I, like yourself like being able find my bike in a crowd. I like the Street Glide and feel for the guys having so much trouble getting them to run right.

I am a true believer in to each their own and I know that some people don't like the look of the RG because of the fairing and that is fine, I like my bike for the way it rides. I don't believe in trailering anywhere and I take 300 to 400 mile rides on any given weekend day and some weekends both days so I love the RG for that.

Thundercloud

They will run right, with the right setup, same as an 05', had an 05 with the download, A/C and V&H pipes and it popped like a weedeater without a muffler, same motor in both bikes, why is a RG any better running than a SG???

Quick Reply: Road Glide Fans