Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide Fans

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 05:20 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Road Glide Fans

I looked at the RG closely before getting the Ultra. The style of the fairing was fine, but I didn't like the fact that it was mounted to the frame. I like the idea that I can point my front lights at something instead of having to move the ride.

Perhaps I'm looking at that wrong. RG riders, what your opinions on the frame mounted fairing?

Old 02-07-2006, 05:21 PM
wnogood
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am definitely a fan now! I had trouble getting past that fairing myself.....it's different.....but from the business side of it....I LOVE IT! That fairing makes a big difference in the feel of the bike. My favorite bagger ( before I bought my glide ) was an EG. But not any more. I like to stand out in a crowd......not blend in.....granted....black is a popular color on RG's......you just dont see many RG's. Some say a EGUC is the top of the food chain.....I'll have to dissaggree....

nogood o~`o

Old 02-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

ORIGINAL: FireHawk

I looked at the RG closely before getting the Ultra. The style of the fairing was fine, but I didn't like the fact that it was mounted to the frame. I like the idea that I can point my front lights at something instead of having to move the ride.

Perhaps I'm looking at that wrong. RG riders, what your opinions on the frame mounted fairing?
FireHawk,

You can't even tell the difference when turning the bike at night. I had a bunch of classics and ultras prior to my roadglide and it took me about 12 feet to get use to it. I love my roadie.

This would be a great thread to get views on the roadglide if it wouldn't have started out bashing the streetglide. It's hard to get an honest view from someone when you just trashed his/her bike. I for one love the streetglide and that would be my next choice after the roadglide. Then there is the ultra with all the bells and whistles that keeps calling my name...............

Old 02-07-2006, 05:41 PM
dhutchison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Road Glide is kinda like Dale Earnhardt. You either loved him or hated him. There wasn't much middle ground. I ride an EG now, but used to have a RG. Given the opportunity to go back in time, I'd still be on a RG.

Old 02-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Thundercloud
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

Firehawk,

Just a question, When was the last time you drove a car and the headlights followed your steering wheel??

I know it may seem weird on the RG and it did to me at first before I actually bought mine, but with the dual headlights it really has a wide beam and there really isn't any difference except maybe a really slow speeds in a parking lot or something.

Don't get me wrong guys I'm not against EG's I think there really nice and if I could have afforded it I would have gotten the 05 Screaming Eagle it the candy red, I have an 04 Fatboy for cruising the blvd and bar hopping so to speak, since I don't drink and ride, but when I am on a trip the RG just handles so nice, no turbulence from 18 wheelers or anything just lay back and cruise.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Isshinryu
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked long and hard at the road glide. I really liked it. I loved the look of the street glide. The decision for me was how I was going to ride. For long hauls the road glide is the one. But I am not going to put 12 hours in the saddle so I went with the street. I love my street glide. I came very clost to getting the road glide I like the bike.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:57 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't hate them.

But the only way I would be on one is if they were haulin' my dead body back slung over the saddle. [:-]

I am sure the RG is a nice handling bike, but the shape of the frame mounted fairing strikes me as an abomination. j/k

Old 02-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me say this 1st... I really really like the road glide... But if the only reason you bought it was because of handling maybe you should have bought a gold wing. Don't hate the SG because it's popular and beautiful.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:50 PM
mndemohead
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to agree, the road glide is one great riding machine, however for me personally I just hate the "shark nose", to me it looks like it should be on a 70's model kawi or something. A guy I knew had a roadie and I road it some, It rode awesome, but that fairing is just not fo rme. As far as the street glide, Yes, it is just a stripped down e.g, however thats what makes it what it is. It totally changed the look of the bike, and no I dont own one. I ride a r.k. but if I were able to buy rite now, the s.g. would be my bike, not because everyone else has one, but because thats what I like, and the same for the r.g. owners, it doesnt matter what I or the next guy like, if you like the r.g. then go for it brother.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:55 PM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: terryt1955

I for one love the streetglide and that would be my next choice after the roadglide. Then there is the ultra with all the bells and whistles that keeps calling my name...............

I hear ya Terry.

I want one of those, and one of those and one of that and....................

My 1 car garage would explode.

Thundercloud

Just a question, When was the last time you drove a car and the headlights followed your steering wheel??
Good question, I hadn't thought of it that way.

Quick Reply: Road Glide Fans