Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hydralic Floor Jack for Glides

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Badfinger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hydralic Floor Jack for Glides

That's not the jack we're talking about. We're comparing the red Sears model to the J&S and I still don't see $300 difference. I would like someone to tell me why the more expensive jacks are better.

1) I heard you can't replace the bottle jack but I doubt that that's correct. You may not get one from Sears but the bottle jack isn't made exclusively for this Sears jack. It looks pretty common and I'll bet they're out there.

2) The arms are longer on the J&S although I don't believe it makes any difference if the arm extends two inches or six inches past the frame. That doesn't affect it's function though it may make it easier because you don't have to be as accurate shoving it under the bike.

Ride well,

Jim

Old 04-02-2008, 12:54 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Badfinger

That's not the jack we're talking about. We're comparing the red Sears model to the J&S and I still don't see $300 difference. I would like someone to tell me why the more expensive jacks are better.

1) I heard you can't replace the bottle jack but I doubt that that's correct. You may not get one from Sears but the bottle jack isn't made exclusively for this Sears jack. It looks pretty common and I'll bet they're out there.

2) The arms are longer on the J&S although I don't believe it makes any difference if the arm extends two inches or six inches past the frame. That doesn't affect it's function though it may make it easier because you don't have to be as accurate shoving it under the bike.

Ride well,

Jim
Jim, We're doing our best (the J&S owners) to fill you in. At this point I give up. Save some money and buy the Sears jack. All I know is that I was a mechanic for 20 years. In 1985 I was the victim of a crane failure that causes my leg to be crushed by a 6000# counter weight off a fork lift. All because I trusted a piece of equipment with my life. I nearly paid the ultimate price. The J&S is secure enough that I can actually climb up on the bike while it's on the jack WITH NO STRAPS! Just like the video from the web site. You will NEVER be able to do that with the sears jack.

OK, I'll climb down off my soap box long enough to say. I"M DONE! BUY THE DAMN SEARS JACK!

Old 04-02-2008, 02:00 AM
longpig
Advanced

One vote for the pitbull. Have seen two people on the bike with no straps ( as a demo),I think popular in the southeast. I will keep my eye out for the J&S have not seen one yet.

Old 04-02-2008, 03:39 AM
dt20
Tourer

another one here for the J&S jack. also really good customer service if that matters to you i know it did to me.

Old 04-02-2008, 04:42 AM
crashbike310
Cruiser

J&S +10 at least that is the number before me that suggested. Me and my neighbor bought them and could not be happier.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:20 AM
l.ray
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SEARS

Old 04-02-2008, 08:34 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Went to Harbor Freight and bought the hyd / air lift table for $370, best thing I ever did. Went to salvage yard and bought scissors jack for $5 and use it to lift bike on table, this is the best comboIMO. The bike lifts will break your back over time, I like being able to work on my bike standing and you can really inspect/ cleanunder the bike better.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:35 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Sears Yellow Jack and its ok. I have done a lot of work on the bike with it but I also use HF stand. I am not going to buy another jack anytime soon but if I had to do it all over again I would most likely go with the J&S or Bulldog..just my .02 worth.

Old 04-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Badfinger
Road Master

Steve and others, I'll just drop it. I'm not trying to **** anyone off or create "Buyers Remorse"and I'm sorry if I've aggravated you. Unfortunately, no one has answered the question and for me I can't just go look at these jacks orlifts. The pictures don't give any real detail. I'm merely performing due diligences before making another purchase and trying to use this forum for information as intended.

Would you run out and buy a bike that appears identical to a Harley and cost six times as much without asking questions? I can't find ant specs on Assembly, materials, etc.

Thanks, I think I have my answer.

Ride well,

Jim

Old 04-02-2008, 10:44 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

http://www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com/This is the jack you want,much better than a table,I installed a 20 ton air jack I had laying around the shop ,it is sweet.It will also lift up my pick up and it will lift the Hoss with adapters.

Quick Reply: Hydralic Floor Jack for Glides