Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Wild Pigs slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Fixxer
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review: Wild Pigs slip ons

After reading reviews of these pipes, I took a chance and ordered a set for my stock 08 RG. I got them on EBay from Chris Higgs. (New Era exhaust)
I got my pipes in about 6 days, pretty good considering I'm in Hawaii. They came well protected and well packaged. Upon opening the box, I noticed some small blemishes on the forward end of the muffler, but they would be hidden once installed. No big deal. The ad did state that these were "seconds", and may have some small flaws or blemishes. My set passed my inspection.
I ordered the standard 1 3/4 baffles and ran them as-is. (Left the wrapping on the baffles) I installed them on the bike with no problems. After firing her up, I was impressed at what a difference in sound they make over the stock mufflers. My 08 stock mufflers weren't that bad, especially compared to the stocks on my 03 RK. The Pigs were WAY better than stock in almost every aspect.
I took a ride today to see if the bike displayed any abnormalities after putting on the Pigs. The bike ran fine, pulled hard, and didn't pop on decel. Good times. The nice thing about the Pigs is they can bark when you want them to, yet they're pretty quiet in top gear cruise. Perfect for radio listening. The stock baffle seems plenty for me. I don't think there's any need to go bigger.

After reading the reviews on this forum, I took a chance and bought the Pigs. I'm very happy with them, and I recommend them to others who are thinking of going the slip-on route with their rides. I had tried a set of Samson silver bullet slip-ons on my RK, and the Pigs just blew them away. No contest. Like others here have said, you just can't beat the Wild Pigs for the money.
Hope this helps someone who was on the fence like me.

Steve

Old 03-30-2008, 08:26 PM
HDStreetGlide07
Tourer
Default RE: Review: Wild Pigs slip ons

I was thinking about buying the same slip ons but was leaning towards the Python muffs, but now
you got me thinking again!
Chris

Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Fixxer
Advanced

Don't know about the Pythons, but the Pigs can be had for about $200 shipped. IMO, the sound is deep for a slip on. Some of my riding buddies thought I had installed a full exhaust.
I recommend them over stuff I heard costing way more $$$$

Steve

Old 03-31-2008, 01:53 AM
tanq
Cruiser

I put a set on my old UC and was very pleased with them all the way around. Nice deep rumble. Although I like my V&H's alot too.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:10 AM
Brooklyn Redneck
Cruiser

I've had mine for two years now, and couldn't be happier. Every now I think about getting one of the "name" brand slip-ons, then I think WHY the wild pigs do everything I want them to. I bought mine from B&M Cycles in Myrtle Beach ,about $200.00 shipped.

Brooklyn Redneck

Old 03-31-2008, 07:06 AM
Ogre
Intermediate

I have had mine for 2 weeks,07 Road Glide,I love them. They seem to be the best deal for the money.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:57 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

they are several sets in our town of 3500. most popular though are the Rineharts. on my 2001 RK i have tried stock with the plugs removed, white brothers porker pipes, rush with 2 1/4 and then 1/34 baffles, just installed latest pre-2007 H-D Touring slipons and like the sound the best. its strong and deep at idle but quiet as stock on the road. everything i tried before were really loud climbing the grades here in the northeast alabama mountains.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:19 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

best 189.00 ive spent. constanly impressed with them

Old 03-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Road King Craig
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MEN,
I had PYTHON S/O MUFFLERS installed with my stage one ON MY 08R/K Classicand all I can say is AWESOME !!! DEEP THROATY MUSIC !!
RKC

Old 03-31-2008, 01:18 PM
stimul8ing guy
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've heard great things about the pigs and i'm glad you like them.... they were my second choice behind the supertrapp se's!

Quick Reply: Review: Wild Pigs slip ons