Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little confused

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 04:18 AM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: A little confused

Nothing to them. One bolt where slip on meets header pipe and 2 bolts that hold them to the support. Depending on how long the old ones were on you can spray some WD-40 into the gap and wiggle them off. I would suggest a little WD-40 when installing to help get them on as well. Also loosening the chrome exhaust cover where the slip on and header pipe meet will make the install easier. If you do not have a torque wrench do the best you can then borrow one the first chance you get to make sure you don't get any blow by escaping and discoloring the outside of your new pipes.

On my RKC it took about 20-30 minutes per slip-on. Make sure to wipe them down with windex or alcohol before firing your bike up so that you do not get any finger prints burned on.

Primo

Old 02-08-2006, 04:39 AM
Moosesultra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THe HD Race FUELER is a chip add-on The SE Race TUNER is for modifying the bikes ECU. 2 different items. The SERT is the best option IF and ONLY IF the dealership has DYNO tuning experience. Since they didn't even know what the SERT was, I doubt that will be the way to go for you. The fueler is an inexpensive ( By H-D Standards anyway ) Power Commander with fuel mapping capabilities only. Probably what i would recommend for you since your dealerships are sub standard

Old 02-08-2006, 11:12 AM
Candy Red Road Glide
Road Master

Ok i have watched the download get ripped to pieces for awhile now and i can say i have the download in my 05 EG Classic and it does not pop...skip or stumble like everyone talks about...the key to it not skipping popping or stumbling is to tell the tech working on your bike that you want the 05 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide FLHTCSE2 download. I wanted a SERT or PC but it wasnt in the budget at the time and i still want one for the mods that i have plans for but for now download is working for me. I have thick skin call me what ya want to but thats my viewpoint and i am sticking to it.

Old 02-10-2006, 04:39 AM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 05_eglideclassic

Ok i have watched the download get ripped to pieces for awhile now and i can say i have the download in my 05 EG Classic and it does not pop...skip or stumble like everyone talks about...the key to it not skipping popping or stumbling is to tell the tech working on your bike that you want the 05 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide FLHTCSE2 download. I wanted a SERT or PC but it wasnt in the budget at the time and i still want one for the mods that i have plans for but for now download is working for me. I have thick skin call me what ya want to but thats my viewpoint and i am sticking to it.
I was pretty good with download on my '05 as well but the whole game changed with the '06's due to new EPA mandated BS.

Old 02-10-2006, 05:24 AM
ROADTRAIN
Road Captain

I dont think it is a matter of being thick skined as all views are valued, even if you bike seems to run ok further inspection of sparkplugs and exhaust colour would give you a better idea of what is going on.

Old 02-10-2006, 09:42 AM
Candy Red Road Glide
Road Master

Yes you are correct plugs and exhaust can give a good idea and if any thing mine is on the rich side but it is NOT lean like alot of folks say the download will be...is it rich enough for a 95" build probably not but it is for a stock 88 with pipes and air cleaner...i have started the search for the air fuel ratio chart from the dyno runs but the proverbial needle in a haystack comes to mind...LOL