Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

denied entry

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:47 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
Default denied entry

had my first real case od biker discrimination the other day. still pissed. i've been a vendor at this adult only community for thier yearly FYI fair. between fees and give aways i psend a few hundred on it. showed up last year on my glide -no problem. this year they stopped me at the gate. NO BIKES ALLOWED INSIDE. this is one of those communities that bans bikes. this has always been an issue i feel very strongly about. EVERY other type of vehicle EXCEPT bikes is allowed. can you say discrimination boys and girls???now dont start telling me thier legal rights bullshit. i couldn't undersatnd why I have stayed so pissed til i passed the place on the way to work yesterday. these places arent banning bikes. they're banning BIKERS!! because i ride a bike im unacceptable to them. well, many of these same people that voted that in bring thier cars to me for repairs and maintenance on a reg basis. let's see how that goes. im thinkin real hard that this may have been my last visit to thier little party. (had to have one of my employees take me in thier car since i already had the money spent. was NOT a good morning)

Old 03-30-2008, 07:49 AM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: denied entry

Used to happen to me at movie studios. "Bikes are too loud and people are filming."

Old 03-30-2008, 08:14 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Take some of the old granny's for a ride,maybe they will change their minds!

Have you tried speaking to the directors?

Old 03-30-2008, 08:52 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 1,841 Posts

ORIGINAL: relli
denied entry
Give it a couple more dates, she'll warm up. Used to happen to me for the first few dates[8D]

Old 03-30-2008, 09:42 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Know exactly how you feel,years ago a bunch of us looking for a campsite got chased out of one by a wild woman with a baseball bat.She lost a lot of future business that day,and made an *** of herself at the same time.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:45 AM
Capt Jim
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When gas hits $5 per gallon all the geasers will be riding scooters and it will change.
In my little corner of South Florida, I can't park my pickup in the driveway, go figure.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:49 AM
rsofa
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dawg

ORIGINAL: relli
denied entry
Give it a couple more dates, she'll warm up. Used to happen to me for the first few dates[8D]
[sm=happybounce.gif] Yea but the tables turn back around after you been married for years!!! Go DAWG!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:51 AM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just offer them alot of money to get in once the accept it you make a scene and let them know how you feel.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:03 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I think that would end my involvement in their Fair. Your business will survive. I've had preachers, teachers, and car club members try to shake me down for freebies. In the end, if you provide good service for a fair price, you won't see so much as a blip on your radar.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Had to drop something off to a former co-worker one time. He lived in a small trailer park. As I was riding through looking for his place I noticed alot of people looking at me strangely and giving me dirty looks. OK what the hell did I do. Well on my way out I noticed a sign saying no motorcycles allowed. No wonder they were looking at me like I was a leper. First time I had ever seen anything like that. I could see in a nice community. But in a trailer park????

Quick Reply: denied entry