Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
J&M Audio speakers
16.33%
Hogtunes
67.35%
other
16.33%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

J&M Audio vs. Hogtunes

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 10:48 PM
brianseay
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default J&M Audio vs. Hogtunes

Which speakers have the better sound and quality of these two brands. I have seen alot on here about the Hogtunes but have never heard them. I have heard a set of the J&M speakers at Myrtle Beach last year and they had a pretty good sound to them. So what is everyones opinion on these two brands ?

Old 02-06-2006, 11:15 PM
blowe
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: J&M Audio vs. Hogtunes

Hogtunes are great.

Not only are the speakers great but PEZ who posts here on the forum
is a first rate guy and gives excellent customer service.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:20 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

BUT WHICH ONES SOUND BETTER. I CANT VOTE BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER HEARD HOGTUNES. I HAVE J&M AND LIKE THEM BUT IG HOGTUNES SOUND BETTER I WILL GET THEM.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 708 Likes on 340 Posts

I've never heard the J&M, so I can't honestly answer. But I do have Hogtunes, and they were a huge improvement over original.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:23 PM
blowe
Tourer

WELL GET HOGTUNES MACK.

THEY SOUND MUCH BETTER.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:24 PM
dhutchison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the J&M's. I put them in my 02 Ultra. They sounded pretty good, but I'm still a kid, so I like it loud. I ended up adding an amp, and some Rockford Fosgate speakers later, and put the J&M's in my Dad's 05 Classic. He thinks they are just the greatest thing ever. Of course I think the amp and Rockfords are. I just looked at the hogtunes site, and can pretty much tell you from the pic, and description, they are going to be better than J&M. If you have seen any of my other posts, I'm not the biggest motor head in the world, but I am a huge audio/video guy. A few things to look for in a spaker.....1. Size of the magnet. Larger magnet = better bass, and overall sounds quality at higher volumes. 2. Look for a speaker with a heavy duty rubber suspension, and a poly speaker body. 3. (not as big a deal) speakers with a rolled case are better than ones that are cast. Rolled speakers are almost non existant now days, due to cost, and the fact that, other than bikes, there really isn't a high demand for a 5" speaker. Since you probably don't care about anything that I just typed. I'd say go with the hogtunes on a stock radio.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:32 PM
brianseay
Tourer

ORIGINAL: dhutchison

I had the J&M's. I put them in my 02 Ultra. They sounded pretty good, but I'm still a kid, so I like it loud. I ended up adding an amp, and some Rockford Fosgate speakers later, and put the J&M's in my Dad's 05 Classic. He thinks they are just the greatest thing ever. Of course I think the amp and Rockfords are. I just looked at the hogtunes site, and can pretty much tell you from the pic, and description, they are going to be better than J&M. If you have seen any of my other posts, I'm not the biggest motor head in the world, but I am a huge audio/video guy. A few things to look for in a spaker.....1. Size of the magnet. Larger magnet = better bass, and overall sounds quality at higher volumes. 2. Look for a speaker with a heavy duty rubber suspension, and a poly speaker body. 3. (not as big a deal) speakers with a rolled case are better than ones that are cast. Rolled speakers are almost non existant now days, due to cost, and the fact that, other than bikes, there really isn't a high demand for a 5" speaker. Since you probably don't care about anything that I just typed. I'd say go with the hogtunes on a stock radio.
That was a great post. So far it looks like Hogtunes is the better way to go. I wonder if Oliver has heard the J&M speakers or is he just speaking because he has the hogtunes. Oliver, can you give me a true comparison? have you heard both ? I hate to blow $200.00 on the wrong ones.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:51 PM
Topper
Road Captain

Put MTX's in my SG and they bottom out at about 3/4 volume. dhutchison, is this due to the speakers can't handle the radio or do the speakers need an amp for better performance? Can't rate either of the above but hope someone sees this post and saves about $120. Have heard Eclipse Audio on another SG and they sound fantastic, only problem is, they can not keep up with demand as I have been told. Looked at the Hog Tunes, but at the time of purchase they were working on a model for the SG, maybe its available now.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:51 PM
blowe
Tourer

I've heard both or else I wouldn't comment.

As for the comment of me stating they are better
because I own them that isn't the case.If I
buy something and it sucks you can be damn
sure I'd tell everybody that asked for
an opinion that it sucks.As for the comment
on PEZ.Customer service goes a long way today
in my book and a lot of companies don't have it.
Hogtunes does so I gave my opinion on the speakers
and the man that runs the company.That's all.

If you don't want people's opinions then don't ask.

Old 02-07-2006, 12:09 AM
classic cruiser
Cruiser

I guess I can't compare since all I've had are stock and Hog Tunes. Love the Hog Tunes though!!!

Quick Reply: J&M Audio vs. Hogtunes