Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Rant, Chicago Harley must be a victim of their own success!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:10 AM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2nd Rant, Chicago Harley must be a victim of their own success!

Another week has gone by since my last rant about Chicago Harley and my parts not shipping. Eric in Internet sales is on vacation and everything over there is in disarray according to whomever is running the show in his absence. He said that they don't have enough people to get all the shipments correct and out the door right now.

My two orders from the 2nd week in March (evening of the 11th and evening of the 13th) are still sitting at their store and not on the way to my home yet.Theyare missing 1 part out of all that I have orderedbut have promised twice now that they would short ship, but have not yet. Normally, I would be anxious for the parts and wanting to get started, but it wouldn't be a big deal. (I know everyone says that.) But, I missed my first big bike ride that was to start today with 4 friends heading off to Big Bend National Park from, (in my case)North west Arkansas picking up 2 bikers in Dallas and 2 more inAustin and heading out to westTexas to see Big Bend.I know I could not handle the back pain of hours on my bike the way it is; especially for 5 days of that kind of riding. 6'6" frame does not bode well on the HD designed for 5'8" frame without some form of modification.

In an attempt to rectify the situation and provide some support, I ordered an adjustable back rest and the 105th overnight and day bag collection to give me some back support and a set of Wild1s handlebars and all the chrome accessories for the switch housings and clutch/master cylender reservoir to help me sit up more straight taking pressure off my lower (weakened) back and arms. I alsoordered from NAMZ all thewire extensionsat the same time. I have had the NAMZ parts for 2 weeks and installed them no issues and put the bike back together.

(Here comes the woe is me line.... wait for it... wait for it...) This is what I get for trying to save a dollar and do it myself.

AAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh, I feel better now. Thanks for letting merant about nothing.

I doknow I could have had the same problem with any dealership or indy not only on the parts, but also on the install. I know that if I had asked a dealership to do this work, it would have cost me a ton more and had the SAME dang delays.

I am a bit miffed that I missed the ride(I did a 3 hour tour to see if I could do this 2k run without the mods and it cost me a tube of Ben-Gay and a ton of advil,) but it is raining today...

Needless to say, the boysdid call me every name in the book for skipping the ride (which I don't blame them.) I get one chance to redeem myself. We are going to the Austin Bike ralley, the first weekend in June.

I suppose it all works this way for some reason. I just felt like complaining and you guys are cheaper than a phychiatrist. Thanks...

Old 03-29-2008, 05:53 PM
MustBBrent
Road Captain
Default RE: 2nd Rant, Chicago Harley must be a victim of their own success!

After all the negative comments about Chicago Harley and ranting this morning... I received an email this afternoon saying that I have a UPS tracking number.

I have to give credit where credit is due. No more ranting. at least for now...

Old 03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
sharknu
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brent...I feel your frustration too!!! I have waited longer then you!! I put in 2 different orders from Chicago Harley also. My first order was on March 1st!!! Still no parts shipped or emails to me stating when they will be shipping! My 2nd order was ordered on March 8th...once again...no orders have been shipped to me!! This really sucks! Might not be ordering from Chicago Harley anymore since it has been almost a month and no parts sent to me. They told me my parts were backordered and one order will be in on March 24th! NO PARTS FROM THAT ORDER SHIPPED TO ME!! They said the other part on an order is backordered until March 28th....yesterday. I guess I will be calling them on Monday morning and ranting about my orders!
Later,
Sharknu

Old 03-29-2008, 08:45 PM
candyx
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Use Zannoti ,Chicago burn we once so i switched to Zannoti and have been very pleased with the service 10 fold.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:45 PM
mikeboztx
Cruiser

Brent.

Just a note. If you go to Rot first weekend in June you will miss that too. It's the 12 to 15 this year. They changed it for some stupid reason.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:50 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

If you need the parts asap it's hard to get them from chicago h-d fast. I always try to pland ahead on parts that are not needed "now". If you have more than one Dealer near you order parts from either one, and lose the 20%. Big Buck items 20% are big savings. You can also try www.surdyke.com may not be faster or cheaper.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

I use my local dealer... Woodstock Harley is the sh*t! I am very glad I started a relationship there. I could have saved money by shopping around, but in the end it is more about my time and happiness than about saving a buck. I am glad you finally got your parts shipped.

Lewd

Old 03-30-2008, 12:15 AM
Shoe
Cruiser

I havent used Chicago HD yet,seems like Zanotti's is always a hair cheaper once you figure in shipping for me. I have been happy so far with the turnaround time.

Dave

Old 03-30-2008, 12:18 AM
MustBBrent
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: mikeboztx

Brent.

Just a note. If you go to Rot first weekend in June you will miss that too. It's the 12 to 15 this year. They changed it for some stupid reason.
Good to know. I will make mention of it when the boys get back.

Right now, they are partying their collective a$$es off. Tomorrow, they hit the road for Big Bend.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:57 AM
troutbum1971
Banned

I got 2 orders in to Chicago HD, from the first week of March...Nothing yet myself? Called Wednesday the said the it will go out Thursday.... No tracking info yet or no email stating it's been shipped??

Quick Reply: 2nd Rant, Chicago Harley must be a victim of their own success!