Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

windshield buffeting '07 RG

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008 | 11:09 AM
mestude
|
Tourer
Default windshield buffeting '07 RG

i have read posts on the "new" Klockwerks windshield...and it does not seem like it helps with buffeting...any one know of the Clearview helps with buffeting, or any other windshield.. i have had a few bikes, but the buffeting on my RG is pretty bad about 55-65 mph....any suggestions would be awesome...

Old 03-28-2008 | 12:13 PM
mestude
|
Tourer
Default RE: windshield buffeting '07 RG

I want u all to know that I love my Roady, its just one of those little annoying things too me...so if anyone at all ....

Old 03-28-2008 | 12:21 PM
2005UltraNC
Road Master

The Clearview - recurve really helped. I also have the MoCo wind deflector that installs in between the forks.

Old 03-28-2008 | 12:38 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member

Do you have a P/N for that deflector?

Old 03-28-2008 | 01:18 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

I actually took the stock windsheild off. Just to see. ... Bike looked good, and the fact that the air came over the nose and right at me, made for zero turbulance. Felt pretty cold with out the protection, but I could see clearly.... with the stock windshield I begin to see double around 70-75 MPH... which is NOT a good thing. Cee Bailey has a 9" and an 18"and I can buy both for the price of one of Clearview's or klockwerk's. I'm not saying that's a better deal....or a better product. It just occurs to me I can have the best of both worlds a shorty for the summer, and a tall for the winter. too bad we can't just run down to the dealer and road test the shields...... I do like the Klockwerks style, as well as the Clearview. If only Cee Bailey made a recurve.....

frank

i love the RG too.... great bike 95% of the time

Old 03-28-2008 | 01:27 PM
boiserider
Intermediate

Lowers make a huge difference. Even the leather or vinyl ones that go on the crash bar.
My 08 RG is a pleasure to ride with stock WS and vinyl lowers. I'm going for the HD hard lower
soon.

Old 03-28-2008 | 01:54 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

I the Clearview small (-1" tall + 2" wide then the OEM shield) windshield on my '07 Road Glide. I first started out trying the HD shorter w\s and I was ok till around 60MPH.. After installing the Clearview Short with Recurve the buffeting was OK till around 75MPH...
Every rides and sits a bit different so the amount of buffeting will be different...

I have lowered my Putt 1" in the front and the rear lowered 2" - I ride with a Corbin True Dual which also puts you lower and back from the OEM seat. I have changed out my handlebars to mini apes...

I'm 6'4" and use my highway pegs like a foward control shifting & breaking using my heal..

Old 03-28-2008 | 03:43 PM
tatuaje
Advanced

i put a clearview xl, per their recommendation, on my 08 RG. it helped a lot. when i sit with my backrest on, i look way over the top (i'm 6'2"), if i slouch i'm having a little line of sight issue. i put on some hogg chopps lowers and now have no buffeting issues at all. i can keep my cigar lit and puffing easily!
i also have a 12" Klockwerks, but i'm not going to try it til summer.

Old 04-27-2008 | 08:45 PM
jamiehd
Stage IV

I have the stock windsheild on mine right now and am enjoying the wind break since I wear a half helmet. I am 5 9" and have the low black Harley sheild and it is almost as bad as my Fatboy. I got made fun of with the big boy and am wondering if the KW would keep the helmet from blowing up on my head? Is the buffeting you are speaking of the side to side wind? Sorry for the stupid question but I am new to the whole fairing thing.

Old 04-27-2008 | 08:56 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

The only thing that will help is the right size windshield no madder what brand it is.
you could stick a peace of ply wood up there if it was the right hieght for you and the way you sit.
There is no magic sheild out there. You should just look over the top when seated.
i won't explain all the reasons they are covered in 100 other threads.
SAVE you self some cash chasing something that is not there.
I am 5 foot 7 have a EG seat on my Road Glide I was going to cut my shield down about 1/2 inches untill I put Heirtage bars on it now I seat just right and the windshield is fine.
i have put 12,000 miles on this 07 Rg so I know it is right now

Quick Reply: windshield buffeting '07 RG