Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar tilt????

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:33 AM
texas steve
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Handlebar tilt????

I have rotated mine with no problem.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:41 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Overdoo

I have an 08 SG. I rotated mine back a bit. The geometry of the bars is such that rotating them does not give you a lot of pull back as you rotate them You'll get some but maybe not as much as you want. I lowered mine about 1 1/2". They are more comfortable for me at that height I have to say. If your wondering how to access the handle bar clamp you need to remove the screws holding on the front fairing. There are screws on the front of the fairing and 6 in the back. 2 of those are kind of hidden between the forks. Remove all the screws and then unplug the head light. Set the fairing off to the side. Remove the four screws holding the radio in and slide it back towards the front of the bike. You only need to slide it enough to access the handle bar clamp. You only have to loosen the front 2 screws of the clamp. Rotate the bars until comfortable. Tighten the handle bar clamp, put the screws for the radio back in and slide the radio back in place. Tighten the screws. Replace the headlight plug, replace the fairing and replace the screws. There you go. It's not hard just time consuming. If you have any more question pm me. Good luck

[IMG]local://upfiles/45755/A919432EABDD41F2B3C43AB4B4574F64.jpg[/IMG]
Actually,

You should be able to access the rear clamp bolts by removing the ignition switch (be careful, it needs to stay aligned to replace.), and the small accessory and ignition switch dash)

2 bolts or so, and the ignition switch removal and you can access the rear clamp bolts. Loosen them, and move the bars to your liking.
reverse the order to replace.
Refer to your Repair manual to get instructions to remove the switch (it is easy if you know how). If you don't have a Repair manual, refer to your local dealer for a factory repair manual.

good luck!

Old 03-29-2008, 08:30 AM
gwcrim
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.khromewerks.com I did not need to use an upper brake line. My ABS line fit just fine. When I had the bars on the 04 the stock brake line fit just fine on that as well. You can actually get by with rerouting the clutch cable to the outside if you don't mind the look and the throttle and idle will work also, but mine was a little too sticky for me so I changed them out as well.
I actually kept the clutch cable inside the fairing. But I did have to pull it out and re-route it. There are a few others here who gave me the idea. I agree 100% on the throttle cables. At full left turn it's a bit sticky at WOT. I did some thinking and realized that I don't ever recall going to WOT at full left. I'm going to give it a try with the stock cables. Maybe today if it warms up enough.

The Khromewerks bars are WAY cheaper than the others. About $70 shipped to your door.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:02 PM
toketee
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dawg, how much more pullback is there with the 300505's compared to the stock 06 Ultra bars?

Old 03-29-2008, 04:23 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,244 Likes on 1,851 Posts

ORIGINAL: toketee

Dawg, how much more pullback is there with the 300505's compared to the stock 06 Ultra bars?
+2"

Old 03-29-2008, 04:40 PM
profinish
Banned

I have pulled my bars back... they're really comfortable with my solo seat. All I did was give them a slight yank down...

Old 03-29-2008, 05:36 PM
rkoko164
Cruiser

STREETRUNNER, I don't know if you ever got that adjustable backrest yet but, if you didn't and still plan on getting one.....What ever bars you decide on, you'll want a little more than you think once you start to lean into the backrest.