Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear Fender Trim for Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 06:52 PM
stevepacman
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default RE: Rear Fender Trim for Street Glide

I'm sold. Thanks to all. I love this forum!

Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 516 Likes on 359 Posts

I'm curious if that setup will wk with your hard leather bags. I guess its similar to the new S-E Rd/King.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

PapaTravis installed the SG facia on his RK Custom. He posted pics.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:01 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, it does work with the rk custom bags. Best thing was, my wife went to price it at the local dealer. They had the parts manager come out to talk to her. He assured her that it would not work with the rk custom, and she was wasting her time, and theirs. I told her the PN's, and she ordered through zanotti's. I had to get a couple of other connections, that I didn't get at the time she ordered them. I did get them at the dealer, but had to wait a week, as usual. There were a couple other things that I had to figure out, but with Harleypingman's help, I got it done. Here is the link to my thread, https://www.hdforums.com/m_2671819/tm.htm. In it you will find the PN's for the additonal parts I needed... and pics. One thing not in the thread is I readjusted my bags, and got a shorter spacer for the rear mounting points. It pulled the bags closer to the fascia, which I think looks better, and it also gave me more room at the bottom of the bags (spacing) Once again, I have to thank Carl (Harleypingman)... I could not have done it without his useful help....

Just one of the pics (for those to lazy, LOL, to read my old thread)...

The new, shorter spacers, are not on at the time of this picture...

Old 04-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Looks great--never get tired of seeing pics of the SG facia on RK Custom, RG's, etc.--though it probably bugs the guys with Street Glides to see one of their "unique" features replicated on other bikes.[:@]

If you are doing this on an RK Custom, you should read PapaTravis' link because the wiring of the LED is different on an RK Custom. The other touring models all have a TP wiring harness--even those bikes that don't come with a tour pak, i.e. EG Standard and Road Glide models. The stock SG wiring of the LED is to that TP harness.

But the Road Kings don't have the TP harness. PapaTravis was able to remove the connector on the end of the LED that would normally plug into the TP harness, and replace it with a different connector to plug into the tail light assembly.