Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud S/E Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 01:09 PM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Loud S/E Pipes?

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of Rinehart TD's. I don't mind the S/E pipes and didn't really want to spend money on new ones just yet but they are barely louder than stock and my riding buds tell me it sounds more like a wing. Before I lay out the coin, does anyone know of a DIY mod I can do on the S/E's to make them louder? Any aftermarket baffles available? Screwdriver and hammer, maybe? Am I just wishful thinking?

Old 03-27-2008, 01:20 PM
promet1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Loud S/E Pipes?

I just put on the Python Mombo True Dules on my 08 SG, They have some Thunder !

They are louder the the Rineharts and have a deeper tone the the Bub 7's and the price was right !

Old 03-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SE Pipes & Loud sound do not go together. I think that's what they call an OXY MORON. I'm a Vance & Hines man myself, LUV those ovals.

Old 03-27-2008, 02:15 PM
roxnatwist
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the V&H also but I have the HD fishtails that I really want to keep( I like the way they look and my bike is set up kind of retro look). I know for sure they'll fit on the Rineharts but I haven't been able to get anyone that can tell me if they'll fit the V&H. My other concern is that I have heard the new Rineharts are not nearly as loud as the older ones...something about keeping the government off their backs. I'm not looking for pipes that will get me ticketed but I do want to be heard coming down the road. Any ideas?

Old 03-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Blue06classic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

roxnatwist,

Look to see if you can find the SE slip ons that have the removable baffles in them. They come in either slash down or side slash if I remember correctly. I got the slash down and the dealer I got them from already had the baffles trimmed. It is the pipes they put on all their rentals. you won't be able to get the pipes that have the different tips available for them...but you can trim the baffles if the dealer doesn't have some for sale already trimmed. They give my bike a nice throaty sound...not as loud as rhinehart's, but definately better than stock, and you can here me coming down the road...my wife can here me from the end of the street in the neighborhood and it's a good half mile from the intersection to the driveway...

Darryn