Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006 | 09:46 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: question about cleaning

You're supposted to clean them???????

j/k

Mine gets washed twice a year whether it needs it or not.

Old 02-06-2006 | 10:02 PM
alazlo
Road Master

Green Windex and a soft towel between washings does a good job on the bugs.. works on the windshield too.

Old 02-07-2006 | 02:00 AM
1Fatking
Advanced

I have been using the waterless spray cleaner called hondapro cleaner.
The stuff works great just sprayon and wipe off with a soft cloth, it works great on chrome and painted parts
my local HD dealer buys the stuff by the case from the honda shop down the road they said that they have a
hard time keeping the stuff on the shelf.

Old 02-07-2006 | 02:15 AM
3Dog
Tourer

The dryer dealers sell for 39.95 you can find online for 9.95. Compared to the Black Baron or Air Force Blaster its like a hair dryer.
About waterless washes.........THICK or WW microfiber folder in quarters so you have 8 sections of use. Never wipe with one to pick up dust or dirt and the use that side again. Wipe with cleaner turn over wipe again the fold to new side to continue.
Washing with water...use two buckets with grit guards..one for soap solution, one to rinse 100% wool or sheepskin mitt....not microfiber.
Probably 90% of micromarring ( those nice spider web looking designs on paint) are cause by improper washing.

Old 02-07-2006 | 10:55 AM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 1Fatking

I have been using the waterless spray cleaner called hondapro cleaner.
The stuff works great just sprayon and wipe off with a soft cloth, it works great on chrome and painted parts
The best stuff you can buy!!!!

Old 02-07-2006 | 10:20 PM
MACK
Road Warrior

Guys, there is nothing better than Harley chrome polish and harley glaze as a polish.

Old 02-07-2006 | 10:20 PM
MACK
Road Warrior

Hey Scott, THANKS, IT WORKS.

Old 02-07-2006 | 10:42 PM
scott
Advanced

Let me know if you want to change pics or add
scott

Old 02-07-2006 | 11:12 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member

I use the S-100 foam, I have tried the liquid but I like the foam better (same as Hondapro). You can see it lift the dirt from the paint. IMO, I would never take a cloth or mitt to my bike while washing, its to easy to scratch the finish. Then I wash the foam off with a lite spray and use a cycle dryer to remove the water. Then I use the clay and lubricant to clean the paint till its baby butt smooth, and use S-100 carnuba wax on everything but the cases. It does not leave a residue on any surface and makes getting the bugs off easier. To remove the wax I use a baby diaper and finish with a micro fiber cloth. In between major washings, I just foam, dry and use Harley Gloss or a wet detailer spray that I get from my friend called "the juice". This works for me but is JMHO, My 1.5 year old BLACK EG that I sold had no swirl marks in the paint-anywhere, and looked like the day I picked it up from the dealer.

Old 02-08-2006 | 05:12 PM
Hawci
5th Gear

FYI... For those who aren't aware. The Air Blast dryers are 'pet dryers' that the Vets and Groomers use.
If you do a search for 'pet supplies', and purchase on-line or mail order, you can save a few dollars compared to the
MC parts catalogs.

heres a link for where I purchased my 'Metro Commander' from 3 years ago for $95. 2 speeds with accessories.

http://www.metrovacworld.com/Shoppin...rroming&page=1

Quick Reply: question about cleaning