Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ProtectAll . . . I'm sold

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:55 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: ProtectAll . . . I'm sold

My stealer has it. In a blue can. If not there go to a Jap bike stealer. They will have it too. I have never been to Wal Mart. Isn't one close enough to make it worth my while.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:56 PM
IronLegend
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is good stuff, not sold everywhere in myparticular locale inCanada but finally did find some at a HD dealer.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:59 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will give it a shot and if i don't like it then it will go on my mountain of cleaning products that i will find a use for 1 day.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:32 PM
I SPY
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen, brother.

I've been using that stuff on my rides since 1984. An EXCELLENT product!!! Like everyone else, I've tried a lot of other products, but I always end up coming back to ProtectAll.

Glad to hear Wally World is selling it...Gotta be cheaper than my local indy bike shop.

Shine on!!!

PS: I think that it was originally developed for the aircraft industry...but I could be wrong.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:25 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Not all Wal-Marts have Protect-All. Last year I spent quite a bit of time looking for it locally but failed, and the Protect-All folks weren't helpful. I refuse to buy any liquid product on-line because of the cost of shipping. If I run across it I'll try some, though, as it is recommended by Mustang for their vinyl seat fabrics. I've been using Armor-All and it works fine and oddly enough doesn't make the seat slick.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To all you guys that are having a hard time finding it, try your local R.V. repair center. This stuff has been around for years and is very popular with the R.V.'s. I was turned on to it by an old timer biker and have been using it ever since. It works on all surfaces, and it dries clear if you miss a spot. It wont leave white wax marks on plastic or anything it touches. Works great on everything. I just dont understand why they dont advertise.

One tip though, the pump spray bottle eventually stops working(pumping). If you can find the aerosal can its better.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:02 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Doug45601

All that glitters is not gold! Yet another snake oil product (just my opnion)... I'll stick with Zaino products for the time being. I'll recommend it to my neighbor and watch his results first..

Just an opnion... not bombing the product, just don't trust the discount store flast flow product lines.. I remember when Turttle was was the leading brand for waxes also..
First time I heard about it was on a "biker build-off" show a couple years ago. Matt Hodge was building a really cool low blue chopper. He used it on the show. Think I saw him promoting it later in a magazine.

I found it in the RV section at Walmart.

Hay, each to their own. Zaino is great stuff too although I would never use it on plastic, seat, etc.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:15 PM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: iclick

I've been using Armor-All and it works fine and oddly enough doesn't make the seat slick.
Now I always heard that once you started using armor-all, and thenstopped using it, your dash board (that is what everybody originally used it on around here) would crack worse than if you never put anything on it. I believe I have witnessed this, or at least it seemed to be the case. I also remember reading thatsame thingin a car, bike, or maybe Pop Mech mag a long time ago. I have also heard it would cause your tire sidewalls to crack if you used it on your tires too. I gotta admit, I don't like the "slick s*&%", so I might be a little predjudiced.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:24 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: mike5511

ORIGINAL: iclick

I've been using Armor-All and it works fine and oddly enough doesn't make the seat slick.
Now I always heard that once you started using armor-all, and then stopped using it, your dash board (that is what everybody originally used it on around here) would crack worse than if you never put anything on it. I believe I have witnessed this, or at least it seemed to be the case. I also remember reading that same thing in a car, bike, or maybe Pop Mech mag a long time ago. I have also heard it would cause your tire sidewalls to crack if you used it on your tires too. I gotta admit, I don't like the "slick s*&%", so I might be a little predjudiced.

I can't tell for sure what is in the stuff but from the look and smell i would say that it is not in the same family as Armor All. Doesn't seems to be silicone or oil based. The bottle says Carnauba so it would be safe to say it is wax based. There doesn't seem to be any strong propellants or carriers in it either.

Buy some and find out for yourself rather than guessing . . . novel idea really.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:45 PM
Bluerose

Used it the whole time I had the Deluxe...have also cleaned my computer and big screen TV with it...Love it!

My local dealers sell it. Nice to know I can get it somewhere else.

Quick Reply: ProtectAll . . . I'm sold