Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harley heated seat

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008 | 07:51 AM
alame
|
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default harley heated seat

I'm thinking of getting one for the Ultra, haven't done any pricing yet sure its going to be high, anyone got one and what do you think of it ? I was looking in the wishbook last night and saw the one that has the high/low/off independent switches on it

Old 03-26-2008 | 08:40 AM
Heartshot
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: harley heated seat

I don't have one...sounds very nice though. If I was to get one a High,low,off switch would be essential...but thats just me.

Old 03-26-2008 | 08:47 AM
troutbum1971
Banned

do a search, i have one does not work, POS so far? trying to get it resolved with the dealer.

$749 for nothing...

My post was Sunray premium heated seat, i think........ my post is only a few days old..

Old 03-26-2008 | 08:52 AM
alame
|
Tourer

sorry I didn't see your post, it was the the sunray I saw in the book as well, any resolve on your issue with it not working ? it just won't work at all or what ? thanks

Old 03-26-2008 | 09:28 AM
alame
|
Tourer

well I did the heated seat search, generally favourable reviews, I called the dealer to get me one, should be here tomorrow

Old 03-27-2008 | 03:33 PM
bookworm
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, troutbum I had the same problem. Didn't bother to take it back to dealer since I am a hopeless tinkerer and don't have a lot of patience with the dealer.The problem on mine was with the one-into-two wiring harness connectorthat was wired incorrectly. This is the harness that sends 12V to the two seat switches. It is a four pin connector on the single end of the harness, but they only use two pins. They had wired the hot and ground to the to unused pin locations.I took the connector apart and moved the pins to the right holes. The polarity doesn't seem to matter since they do not take eitherwire to the seat frame. It was good to go after and just in time for cold weather last fall. Plenty of nice heat. I only use it on low even below freezing, but the bride likesherson high. I leave all the funny comments about that to the comics in the crowd.I thought I might be the only one that had the problem, but maybe they had a bad batch of these harnesses. It is worth looking into since it really is a nice seat when the heat is working.

Old 03-27-2008 | 03:51 PM
Norm
Cruiser

I think Bookworm was on to something. I had two on my 08 RKC. One was put on before delivery and didn't work from day one. The replacement didn't work either. I told them I didn't want a third so, I had them order a Corbin dual touring with heat. It works fine. I liked the Harley seat but, got frustrated with the heating part.

Old 03-27-2008 | 09:44 PM
alame
|
Tourer

just installed the heated seat tonight, works fine in the garage, we'll see on the next ride how good it is !

Old 03-27-2008 | 09:49 PM
Navitimer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO, heated seats are one of the best features to develop over the last ten or so years. I don't have one on my bike, but I'll never buy another car without them! I'm sure it would be nice on a bike too!

Old 03-27-2008 | 10:19 PM
ironoxide
Road Captain

I got me a heated seat for free. It's a lean burning stock configured power train!

Quick Reply: harley heated seat