Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 09:23 PM
sniperduce
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extended Warranty

I got the 5 year factory extended service plan when I bought my 08 Ultra in November. Paid $1,290 for 5 years coverage including theirwheel & tire coverage. Itis my first Harley and wanted the peace of mind.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:17 PM
redclassic
Advanced

ORIGINAL: sniperduce

I got the 5 year factory extended service plan when I bought my 08 Ultra in November. Paid $1,290 for 5 years coverage including theirwheel & tire coverage. Itis my first Harley and wanted the peace of mind.
So you have a total of 7 years from date of purchase of the UC, right?

Old 03-29-2008, 12:15 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have problems with baltimore harley dealership.I got an 04 road glide in october it has made it to the shop 4 times. Motor mount were broken,pipes has broken for the second time, and it came with heated hand grips.Well here is what the dealer tell me. I said the bike is jumping around at highway speeds and dealership tells me not to drive it there. AndI had to take it back a couple times before I could get it fix. It was a broken motor mount that broke the pipes. Now the heated hand grip burn up in two week after buying the bike. They look at it and told me that I rode in the rainHarley-Davidson's Harley-Davidson's Extended Service Plan don't cover them. It took two month of hell they fix it in december. Now it is march I broke a cable on the highway. So I had it tow to the store. Now the need to fix the pipe agian because it has broken again. The heated hand grip have burn up agian. And the cable is broken. First thing I was told it has a lot of miles on it we might not cover it. Ok they install hand grip and three month they go up. They not going to cover stuff because I ride in the rain. That is some BS I get from my dealership on Harley-Davidson's Extended Service Plan. I am glad I have a second harley for all that shop time.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:41 AM
SCRider
Cruiser

I think the bottom line is how long are you planning on owning the bike, and how many miles a year do you ride. If you are like most Harley owners and ride less than two thousand mile a year I would not worry about the warranty. If you are riding 10,000 + miles a year, and plan on keeping the bike for more than 5 years I would definately get the extended warranty. The odds are much more in your favor of needing a major repair with the higher mileage. All it takes is one big repair to pay for the warranty.

Its all about playing the odds.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:52 AM
redclassic
Advanced

ORIGINAL: redclassic

ORIGINAL: sniperduce

I'v heard thats good coverage, must be nice to just roll in and get new tires!

Old 03-29-2008, 12:06 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I believe the tire and wheel coverage is for hazard damage and flats, not wear.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:10 PM
bike_r_trash
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I guess I kicked the hornet's nest with this question.

I appreciate all the input. I hope you guys let me continue to hang around after I get the bike.

I will be keeping the bike for at least 5 years, and should put at least 50,000 on it by then, hopefully more, as I like to travel around the country (only two states left to visit among the Continental 48 -plus I have to do them all on a Harley now). I think given my riding habits and all the electronics, etc. on the bike...that I'll probably get the 6-year-plan without the tire coverage, which comes out to just over $1,000 before tax.

20 days to shipping....but will probably feel like 40...