Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice for speakers and antenna

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008 | 08:01 PM
wolfjack
|
Advanced
Default Need advice for speakers and antenna

I have a 2008 Electra Glide Classic with stock radio, speakers and antenna. I can't hear or understand well over approx 40 mph. I would like to upgrade.Whatare the best speakers etc.? Do I need to change the radio? And last, do I need to change the antenna?

Thanks

Old 03-25-2008 | 08:56 PM
StonerGlide
Road Master
Default RE: Need advice for speakers and antenna

Check out J&M Corp for antenna and speakers.
Just changed out stock whips on my UCfor the J&M shorty's and love them.
I don't have a problem with hearing the radio at 70+ unless playing MP3's through the Garmin Zumo, don't seem to have as much volume as when playing radio or CD.
J&M have some great audio products but there are plenty out there of course.

Old 03-26-2008 | 12:25 AM
chuckk01
Cruiser

MbQuart speakers and Hawg wired amp, I can hear music at well over 70 mph.

Old 03-26-2008 | 12:32 AM
skltr
Ultimate HDF Member

+1 for J&M products

Old 03-26-2008 | 12:58 AM
OhioSkully
Club Member

my dad has a 2003 ultra classic and he changed out just his speakers using Rockford fosgate speakers **** that thing is loud i can hear it plain as day when i ride with him.

Old 03-26-2008 | 01:13 AM
troutbum1971
Banned

hog tunes!!!!!!!! you wont be sorry....... j&m for antennas

Old 03-26-2008 | 05:32 AM
avcaruso
Road Captain

I have Hog Tunes Speakers and Amp on my EGC, better sound than stock for the price, but if you got the cash go Hawg Wired or comparable. There is a lot of dicussion here on the forum about amps and speakers, do some searches and read up before making a decision.

I have a tune trapper antenna in my fairing that I love, gets great reception including waether band and needs no extra power. Check them out.

Do your research here and you will a good decision I am sure of that, I have made great decisions due to the info on this forum!

Old 03-26-2008 | 05:36 AM
badinfluence63
Banned

+1 J&M products

Old 03-26-2008 | 06:24 AM
Puzzled
Banned

Speakers are very subjective. They all have a sweet spot where one sounds better than the other. The radio makes a difference as to which one sounds better. Cost often plays a decision in which is "best". I have run across a few different brands this year that I've never heard of.

I run a Pioneer head unit which makes a little more power than a stock head unit. After a discussion with Donna from Biketronics we have concluded this is why I can't keep speakers in my bike for more than a few months.Here are a few that I have run so far. Hog Tunes (2 sets)(heavy), J&M (very vocal, no bass), Pioneer (best sounding so far overall), Kenwood , Sony Explode (best bass, no volume). I listen to rock/hard rock and I CRANK it so I am definitely driving my speakers. I'd imagine most of the above mentioned speakers will work fine with a stock radio. I have since ordered an Italian made set of speakers from Biketronics (they aren't listed on their site, not that I saw). These are made for head units using an amp. Our train of though is the speakers power handling capabilities will be sufficient for my radio minus the amp.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the aftermarket speakers. MB Quartz and Polk Audio would be nice to try. I'd look at the power handling capabilities when comparing.

Old 03-26-2008 | 06:44 AM
EVOrider
Stellar HDF Member

I would just upgrade the speakers....hogtunes, hogwired, JM....doesn't matter since they are much better than stock anyways. If you are still not satisfied.....then look into upgrading more.

In my opinion....the anntenas don't really make any difference. The long whip ones work just fine as do the cheap Autozone anntenas as well. Just don't use the cheap anntena for the CB.

Quick Reply: Need advice for speakers and antenna