Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Slip ons

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:24 AM
Lord Albany
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SE Slip ons

Lewd, our bikes are pretty much identical except for paint and a few extra accessories I have. I love my SE s/o's. I bought the black and chrome end caps and they look great. I love the sound. However, I now notice that my right pipe is louder than the left. This has me eyeingV&H true dual headers so I can even out the sound. Trying to avoid that so I don't have to f*k with a fuel manager.

How do you like the speedo/tach? I want to get the color-matched model for my bike but gotta save up a little first.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:37 AM
Blue06classic
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the SE slash down removable baffles on my bike. Sound a lot better than stock. Dealer actually has them with the baffles trimmed already...they spent the time trimming them down for their rental bikes and got a very nice sound out of them. For 1 hr of labor added to the price I got a set already trimmed...put them on myself...did the stage 1 aircleaner myself then took it back to them for the ECM program.

Much better sounding bike, not too loud, but loud enough. I had Cobra drags on my Shadow Spirit 750...bike I learned to ride on...if I was gonna lay one over bein inexperienced I'd rather it be a metric that a Harley...and at the end the Cobra's were too obnoxious without the baffles in and too quiet with them in.

Old 03-26-2008, 06:24 AM
spirit80
Intermediate

Fatbob, Harleydavidsoncleveland has 1 more set in stock. I also found some HD dealers online that have them just google the part number.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:47 AM
dilligaf03
Intermediate

sorry guys but a dumb question do the SEs have a removable baffle or is it the supertrapp/kerker that have these.
Can you also enlighten me re the part numbers i am having trouble following which are which. I have an 07 RK and am looking at the se or kirker

Skippy

Old 03-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

ORIGINAL: dc1503

i'm very interested in the setup you have lewd_dude for my 08 egc, but i've heard so much negative talk about just doing the stage 1 down load on the new model bikes, i'm undecided. i have done the stage 1 on a 04 flstc and 06 flhr, i was very happy with them. post on, convince me.
Well, I too was worried at first, but you know what? if anything goes wrong, I have modded NOTHING! They will have to cover it. I will see when the weather gets warmer if it is running HOT or not. So Far, all is wonderful. Feels Strong! Sounds Great! Good Luck with what ever you decide. I for one am very happy with my decision.

Lewd

Old 03-26-2008, 10:19 AM
albertasaurus
Road Master
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Can I ask what you paid for the SE upgrades?

Two dealers here in Edmonton are quoting me$1200 Canuck bucks to supply and install SE A/C, SE Street Performance Touring Slip Ons, and ECM re-map on my '07 Ultra.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Chuckster
Advanced

Hey albertasaurus

I'm down in Cowtown and did exactly to my bike (07 Road King) what you want to do to yours.

I put the slip ons on myself (Never have done it before but they reallyjust "slip on")

I put the SE A/C on myself as well - No problems - Just read instructions a few times before doing the install

I brought it in so they could do the download - I think I paid like 250 + taxesfor the download.

I can't find what I paid for the pipes or A/C but I probably saved a few hundred bucks installingthem myself.

I would recommend doing it yourself - It is surprisingly easy and saves you money!

Old 03-26-2008, 11:38 AM
DanM
Advanced

I'd agree with Chuckster.

Buy the slip-on and install yourself. $350 msrp. Dealer wanted 1 hour labor $85.00 Took me 20 minutes total.

Buy the Stage 1 intake and install yourself. $139.00 msrp. Dealer wanted 1 hour labor $85.00. 30 minutes total, included spilling and cleaning up my Monster drink. Very Easy!

Go to the dealer, buy the Stage 1 program $149.00, have the dealer do the download. Mine charged 1/2 hour. $42.50

Total $680! I have an 07, and let me tell you, you can feel the difference. Here in California, everything bike sold comes lean. This not only made the bike run cooler, but gave it more bottom end and an actual hit on the top end. I have the benifit of have a friend with an 07 custom that is bone stock and was able to ride them back to back and race him. Trust me, it makes a difference. His bike is now in the shop getting the Stage 1 download after doing the install on his bike. He couldn't beleive the difference.

Hope this helps.

Dan

[IMG]local://upfiles/51089/9EAFA5B5E9F24E75AE37DC0950B8CAA7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-26-2008, 02:49 PM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

My stage 1 was FREE! The dealer paid for mine... They were running a free 103 upgrade if you bought before Dec 31 2007. I did not want the motor work done, so they did the stage 1 instead. $700 should be about right for the stage 1. Add tax and labor if applicable.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Lord Albany

Lewd, our bikes are pretty much identical except for paint and a few extra accessories I have. I love my SE s/o's. I bought the black and chrome end caps and they look great. I love the sound. However, I now notice that my right pipe is louder than the left. This has me eyeingV&H true dual headers so I can even out the sound. Trying to avoid that so I don't have to f*k with a fuel manager.

How do you like the speedo/tach? I want to get the color-matched model for my bike but gotta save up a little first.
Lord,

I love the color matched speedo/tach combo... it adds that little somethin'. It'sSilly, but it does.

Quick Reply: SE Slip ons