Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Age old seat again........

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Meist21
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Age old seat again........

I know this is yet another over done topic but......... I am a bigger guy at 6'4" and weighing in at 300 punds. Right now have a stock seat but am looking at either the sundowner seat or tallboy seat. Not really sure how the sundowner moves you around but I know the tallboy moves ya back 2" and up a little. Tallboy does not have a slot for rider backrest either. Both seats seem to offer a much better pass. seat. Just curious which direction you guys would lean toward........... Thanks

Old 03-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Age old seat again........

send your stock seat to Mean City Cycles ,and tell them where you want to be, and this will save you a ton of money because you won't be satisfied with a standard seat.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Meist21
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did think about doing that but after (and I may be crazy) looking at the prices of rider then passenger it looked like this was going to be more expensive. Also it appears that they are running 2 mo lead times. I was hoping someone close to my proportions would see and chime in. I have read very good posts on the Sundowner.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:27 PM
jakester
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CHRIS

Run an add in WANTED here or CRAIGSLIST There are alot of stock and aftermarket seats out there that are collecting dust that you can get for a good price!! Now is the time while it is still cold and guys are shopping for a new one!!! Also if you buy say a sundowner and dont like it you can always resell HERE!!! Good Luck!!! Happy Trails!!

Jakester....Tim....[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 03-25-2008, 02:12 PM
mysticwolf
Road Master

I agree with Bill03E, I sent my seat to mean city last year, and I love mine!! I am about the same size as you, 6'2" and 310lbs. It did take awhile ( About 5 weeks)part of that was fed ex's fault, They said it got lost.but it was worth the wait. and it was only 129.00 bucks, cheaper than buying a new one.

Old 03-25-2008, 02:18 PM
wideglidemike
Cruiser

I'm 6'6" and 250 and I hate my tallboy seat. It just seems like it just puts me at a strange angle. Plus the sucker is very slick!
(Slicker than owl doo doo as my grandaddy used to say) Everytime I stop quick, I slide forward on it.

As soon as I can, I'm headed for some sort of custom seat!

Old 03-25-2008, 02:21 PM
Mikind7
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm 6'4" 250 lbs and the sundowner works great for me

Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm only 6' 2", butI sent my seat to alligatorbob.com; I've had 6 back surgeries and I'm not going to go through seats likeI've gone through other stuff that is not correct. This guy knows his stuff. Put some bucks where it really matters if you are going to ride. In the seat and in the suspension.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:06 PM
alstrud
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 6'5" and 270 and I have to agree with WideGlideMike, the TallBoy seat is slippery. I do like the extra leg room you get over the stock seat, but I find I'm always moving back because I'm constantly sliding ahead. I rode a Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic at Daytona and have to say, I like the backrest option...something I can't do with the Tallboy. Perhaps it's time to invest in something better...

Old 03-25-2008, 09:33 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: Meist21

I did think about doing that but after (and I may be crazy) looking at the prices of rider then passenger it looked like this was going to be more expensive. Also it appears that they are running 2 mo lead times. I was hoping someone close to my proportions would see and chime in. I have read very good posts on the Sundowner.

We are scheduling the modifications and this cuts turn around time down to what could be over night if you plan well with shipping the seat to arrive the day before its scheduled. As far as price goes it all depends on what you want done to the seat. Our most expensive modification is the Supreme at $250 plus shipping but man that is more or less a custom re-built seat with a comfort cruizer gel pad installed and two layers of of memory foam a 1" layer and a 2" layer. So yes some of the modifications are kind of pricey but nobody else offers anything similar to them for less money. Most places I have seen want $135 just for a gel pad installed and they don't even reshape the seat the way it should be shaped and if they do any reshaping that is a additional amount and the memory foam they use is either a 1/4" foam or a 1" foam which is imo a waste of time.

Quick Reply: Age old seat again........