Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gap In EG Faring at Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 10:21 AM
MyFirstHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gap In EG Faring at Windshield

There are two small perpendicular gaps at either side of the windshield where the two faring parts meet. I know the faring is not completely water tight but how much gets in there?

Also, I added a single windshield pouch. I bought the triple pouch but did not like the fit so I cut the two end pouches off and used just the big one. This caused a slight (1/16") gap between the inside faring and winshield for about 3" on either side of the pouch. Is weather stripping recommended?

Given the faring is not completely water proof, are there any normal wiring or connector corrosion issues from repeatedly riding in the rain?

Old 03-25-2008, 02:12 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Gap In EG Faring at Windshield

Make sure your windshield is not pinched in the fairing. I get a gap if I am not careful.Take up the slack in thewindshield bolts then move your shield around to make sure it isn't pinched. It should set flat. I added a windshield molding that helped flatten out between the bolts on the outside. Here is a couple pics to show how it should set.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:38 AM
MyFirstHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gap In EG Faring at Windshield

Thanks for the reply.

Looks like the area that I am talking about, the exposed bottomcorners of the windshield, had been broken off by the previous owner. I can see where your windshield, sandwiched in-between thetwo halves,fills the gap I am talking about.

I don't have a problem with the way the outsidefits against the windshield, but I do like the chrome molding. Maybe I'llget that when I switch to a 9" shield this summer.

Theslight gap in the inside is caused by the aftermarket pouch. I'm just concerned about watergetting inside the faring for now.Maybe after the trip I'll get the Harley pouch.