Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANY FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE BIG SUCKER AND SE AIR CLEANER?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Duke of HD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANY FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE BIG SUCKER AND SE AIR CLEANER?

I want to order the Big Sucker for my bike because it is avail with a chrome back place and I was wondering if there are any functional differences between it and the SE air cleaner kit as far as the breather hoses? I found some other questions asking which is better, I know both will probably flow more than my motor will need but I would like to know more specifically about the breather lines and how they work on each kit.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:19 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: ANY FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE BIG SUCKER AND SE AIR CLEANER?

Is that an Akita in your sig?

I have a big sucker, not sure if there is any differance or not.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:23 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,836 Likes on 1,596 Posts
Default RE: ANY FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE BIG SUCKER AND SE AIR CLEANER?

Big sucker breather lines are molded (cast?) into the back plate. No rubber hoses needed. I think this is a better design...

lp

Old 03-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Duke of HD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Akitakoi

Is that an Akita in your sig?
Sure is, his name is Yoshi (Big Boy) 7 years old and acts like he is 7mos! he is about 110LBS & 30" at the shoulder

Old 03-24-2008, 01:23 PM
Duke of HD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: lp

Big sucker breather lines are molded (cast?) into the back plate. No rubber hoses needed. I think this is a better design...

lp
I had heard that the breather lines were done differently but wasnt sure how. So the breather function is the same but just not with the hoses anymore?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:26 PM
wydopn231
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

big sucker flow better.if you want to step up to top of linee check out doherty unit.cost more but its very good piece.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:34 PM
swicegk
Advanced

Just installed the chrome versionBig Sucker this weekend. Very nice fit and finish and easy install. I have the BS on both of my bikes and have no problems. I have read on this forum about the filters in the SE air cleaners coming apart.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Gutman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SE's breather passages are now molded in. Basically the same theory different design now between the two. The SE uses a fiberglass style air cleaner and will come apart within 2500-3000 miles. K&N has arepalcement. The Big Sucker comes with the K&N cotton style element that will last the life of the bike. I would get the Big Sucker. Verify correct year when purchasing. They have 3 differnt ones now and are also avalible in chrome backplates. The silver looks horrible on a black engine.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Forget About It
Banned

i have a big succker 2 its breat o yea i have a female brindle akita myself that is 9 and acts like shes 3 months great dogs

Old 03-24-2008, 05:38 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The Big Sucker has built-in or molded in vent lines for the breathers, where the SE still uses rubber tubes.

That's about the biggest difference............I prefer the Big Sucker for the cleaner install.

Steve

Quick Reply: ANY FUNCTIONAL DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE BIG SUCKER AND SE AIR CLEANER?