Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak Tail Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Bill Hilly
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tour Pak Tail Light

I am looking to add the wrap around tail light to the TP on my EGC. I know you can get one from the stealer, but does anyone know of a aftermarket supplier I could get one cheaper or maybe a used one? Same thing for the quick detach kit the stealer sells. It seems like the dealer kinda has a monopoly on that thing....$300 ouch. Nobody offers a aftermarket detach kit for the TP? Thanks in adavance for ya help.

Old 03-23-2008, 08:44 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Tour Pak Tail Light

Ebay can be your best friend when looking for Harley parts. That is the first place I look for anything I'm looking for, after that I look thru all the classified sections on teh forums, then I'll order from a discount dealer like Zanotti's or Chicago ......both give 20% off.

Steve

Old 03-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Bill Hilly
Advanced

Maineultraclassic thanks for the tips. I have searched e-bay before with little results. I'll see what them dealers have you mentioned. Thanks again.

Old 03-24-2008, 04:12 AM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

bought mine from zannotti's,saved some coin over dealer price for the tour pak light kit

Old 03-24-2008, 05:06 PM
BigDaddy2
Tourer

I don't know where you're looking on ebaymotors, but look under accessories, saddlebags & luggage in American Motorcycle parts. I see kits in there all the time, in fact that's where I got mine. The only thing I buy from a dealer is parts that are harder to find.
ORIGINAL: Bill Hilly

Maineultraclassic thanks for the tips. I have searched e-bay before with little results. I'll see what them dealers have you mentioned. Thanks again.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 PM
gregm
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check Surdyke, Chicago HD, Zanotti's. I paid $175. mail order. I added it to my '05 EGC tour pac and love it. It took about 4 hrs to install, at least 1 hr was measuring & remeasuring to make sure I had it right before punching the first hole. I used abrad point drill bit (from both sides) to limit tear-out whenthe bitgoes through, and a Dremel tool with a stylus and spiral cutting bit to connect the holes. Easy installation following the OEM instructions. I glued the template to a piece of construction paper to stiffen it before using it forthe layout. The hardest part is drilling the first hole.
Gregm

Old 03-24-2008, 11:49 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

PM sent

Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 AM
bigbean78
Cruiser

I met a guy last summer with ablackEGC, and when he backed his bike up to the curb at the local bike hangout, he had some bright redLED's running/brake lights on his TourPak. It looked awesome,as if they were individually set in the Pak. What he had bought was a thin universal LED strip, mounted it, and ran the wires through the Pak into the brake lights. Didn't cost himmuch and it looked fantastic...I appreciate creativity like that.