Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D exhaust question for the experts

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 12:27 PM
VonDutch
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D exhaust question for the experts

Hey guys im new here this is my first post.I have a question
here is my info
07 street glide with the following
103 SE kit
HTCC CNC ported Heads
HTCC pistons
SERT
260 cams
SE 50mm throttle body
the problem Vance&Hines true dual Big Shot exhaust!!!
When I first got the exhaust I loved it. looked good sounded good then I did the above motor work the exhaust cant handle the motor work now tooooo restrictive and OMG loud. thebaffles are in!!!! I'm the guy the usually cuts the baffles down inch by inch to get the sound I want or even switch to Kromewerks HP baffle then trim them down.

I called D&D talked to a tech guy he told me that the Boarzilla with the quiet baffle was what I needed for my application, but that it would still be too loud for me...ok wonderful
so I asked about the Fatcat he said since I was running 10:50 to 1 compression that wouln't be the right exhaust for my application no matter which baffle I picked.

what do i want???? the right set up,good sound,better performance( the $$$ is spent I have the engine set up I have ) I want to hear the tunes again.I have it Blairing now to hear at highway speeds. I want the better performance obviously without the obnoxious loud exhaust if that is possible.trust me I like it to sound good!!!I want my SEG back!!!
I want your best advice with a D&D exhaust set up.my lean is to get the fat cat and play with the different baffles. I know that some of you guys are running the fatcat with built motors. which baffles????
I have researched this to death even a V&H rep told me on the phone to either get the D&D exhaust or the thunder header( but I didnt hear that from him)not his pro pipe BP with my engine set up I wouldn't be happy. my local HD shop has told me to get the SuperTrapp mega whatever 2 into 1??? but I dont like thesound or looks!

Old 03-23-2008, 12:48 PM
ratcat
Tourer
Default RE: D&D exhaust question for the experts

Hey Dutch, I'f ya get the FatCat, just get your self a glass-packed type automotive cherrybomb muffler, and with a little welding and fabbing just bolt that thing right up to the header. I't a deep rumble and the sound that comes out when it's turning 5 grand will make any motorhead stand and take notice.
My glasspack is 2.25 ISD, 4" OSD, and about 24' long. I've made sooo many differant baffle for the fatcat, and this one is the best. It's about as load as R/H true dual w/standard baffles.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:32 PM
bigjohn1percenter
Tourer

just ask Philm what he thinks of the Boarzilla................, he took the muffler of and replaced it with a supertrap, he looking for another fatcat for hisHQ 120, go with the fatcat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2008, 03:42 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't listen to the D&D guy............the Boarzilla is way too much exhaust for your build.

Go with the Fatcat and quiet baffle............you'll love it.

Steve

Old 03-23-2008, 03:48 PM
Forget About It
Banned

I love my fatcat on my 107

Old 03-23-2008, 05:45 PM
hotpursuit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have both the boarzilla and the fat cat for my hq120 im running the fat cat right now but will try the boarzilla when the weather gets better.... but from what im seeing im probably going to keep the fatcat on.... it will be a few months before im sol either way but fat cat is in the lead...

Old 03-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the Boarzilla, and it is not too much pipe for the build, but it was LOUD !

I have made an adapter and have slipped a Supertrapp 4" discholder into the Boarzilla muffler end and married it to the baffle with a short piece of 2-1/2" pipe. It looks, and sounds great , has cut the loudness in half, and has moved the torque down a bit in the rpm range. Anyone with a 4" muffler interested in trying this send me a PM, I have the adapters that will work and it looks much better that the tapered supermeg muffler.

The Boarzilla for a 107 is overkill, go with the Fatcat.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 PM
sewerat
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Phil's FFatcat on mine and love it but it is a bit loud to hear the tunes unless they are cranked, I am looking at tearing it apart and putting the packing in it, but that has to wait for some warmer weather.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:23 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigjohn1percenter

just ask Philm what he thinks of the Boarzilla................, he took the muffler of and replaced it with a supertrap, he looking for another fatcat for hisHQ 120, go with the fatcat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep....

Get a FatCat... I prefer the Std baffle, but the quite will work to....

Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 PM
bigjohn1percenter
Tourer

BTW, i too run a fatcat on my 107, and it rocks !!!!! i have no trouble hearing the tunes at road speed over the exhaust, but over 85/90, you cant here them anyway. since i put the fatcat on my bike, i have sold four other fatcat systems to my brothers.....

Quick Reply: D&D exhaust question for the experts