Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D exhaust question for the experts

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 08:53 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: D&D exhaust question for the experts

D&D actually calls it the "Performance" baffle for the FatCat, and it is correct that it is the standard baffle for the Boarzilla.

Honestly, I can't inagine it would benefit anything smaller than a 110" or better yet a 113"+ motor.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:03 AM
onlythebest
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: PhilM

D&D actually calls it the "Performance" baffle for the FatCat, and it is correct that it is the standard baffle for the Boarzilla.

Honestly, I can't inagine it would benefit anything smaller than a 110" or better yet a 113"+ motor.
I hear ya Phil. It may not give me anything extra in numbers or performance but will it hurt? I am only looking for a louder sound thats it. The standard baffle is borderline and I want something a bit higher in decibles. I will have to retune correct??

Rob

Old 03-29-2008, 11:05 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Given that goal... then yes ~ it will absolutely be louder!

Old 04-13-2008, 02:23 PM
VonDutch
1st Gear

Hey guys I have the new D&D FatCat exhaust on the bike along with the new Screaming EagleHeavy Air Breather.(this breather filter is HUGE)the bike is way quieter than before with the V&H. The seat of the pants way faster!!!! OMG hang on!!!!
It is so much quieter that I want to pull the baffle and make sure it isn't the quiet baffle. It may not bethe std I ordered and the box identified it as...I can't imagine this exhaust being any quieter!!!!!
At idle you can barley tell it has any engine work or cams!! but when you twist the throttle it comes alive be ready!!!I hear the tunes just fine it's only on XM do I have to have it wide open to hear and that isn,t the exhaust it's just the lack of volume on XM???? CD or reg radio the volume is way better than on XM go figure..If this is the std baffle I am siding with onlythebest and want to find out about the performance/boarzilla baffle...

Old 04-13-2008, 03:20 PM
onlythebest
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: VonDutch

Hey guys I have the new D&D FatCat exhaust on the bike along with the new Screaming EagleHeavy Air Breather.(this breather filter is HUGE)the bike is way quieter than before with the V&H. The seat of the pants way faster!!!! OMG hang on!!!!
It is so much quieter that I want to pull the baffle and make sure it isn't the quiet baffle. It may not bethe std I ordered and the box identified it as...I can't imagine this exhaust being any quieter!!!!!
At idle you can barley tell it has any engine work or cams!! but when you twist the throttle it comes alive be ready!!!I hear the tunes just fine it's only on XM do I have to have it wide open to hear and that isn,t the exhaust it's just the lack of volume on XM???? CD or reg radio the volume is way better than on XM go figure..If this is the std baffle I am siding with onlythebest and want to find out about the performance/boarzilla baffle...
I was afraid you were going to be of the same opinion. That is whyI questioned what was actually in mine (quiet or standard). The only time itis loud and excessiveis when I was get on it in a lower gear and have the RPM's up and I dont ridelike that to often. I am going to pick up a performance baffle this week and try it out when I get home at the end of the month. Its worth it to me to get the sound I want.

I did read that someone else on the vtwin forum was going through the same thing and switched to the performance or big bore baffle and was very dissapointed. I dont remember the exact words but he claimed he lost some power and overall the bike accelerated like a pig and he ultimately switched back to the standard but thats the only negative post I could find. Its worth a try.

OTB

Old 04-13-2008, 04:40 PM
izzi
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post