Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D exhaust question for the experts

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 11:19 PM
nowski91381
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: D&D exhaust question for the experts

Listen to PhilM and Dalton and go with the FatCat....they definitely know what they're talking about....I'm putting one on this coming Saturday based on Phil's recommendation...I'm also going with the standard baffle on mine...

Old 03-24-2008, 01:59 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a FatCat on my 107" build and it worked great. I have a new motor nowwith the boarzilla and it's freakin loud, especially with a big inch motor with large cams. IMHO...your 103 is not enough motor for the BZ pipe and have no idea why the rep would suggest such a pipe for anything less than a 117" motor? As others have said above, get the FatCat and your bike will love it. I had the standard and it was still pretty loud. Might wanna try the quiet baffle. Same performance, less noise.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:32 AM
VonDutch
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys,

I just wanted to say that when your talking to someone and it just doesn't sound right( conversation with D&D tech guy) it probably isn't!!!! when he told me the boarzilla my little testosterone guys were like yeaaah but he followed that up with it would be toooo loud ....buzz kill.
when he saidthat the fat cat wouldn't be right either. so it's either gonna be too loud(boarzilla) or the wrong set up(fatcat)....I was like what the hell...you tryin to talk me out of your product!!!

I will be getting the fat cat now. im scared to get the quiet baffle those little testosterone guys are screaming at me to not be too quiet.
so how much are baffles???? is it an ordeal to switch them out???? any input on who to get these fat catsfrom???? I know if I go to my HD shop they will grab the Custom Chrome catalog or the fat book and these will be 700+

coming soon one pair of Bigshot tru duals for a 07 FLHand up slightly used in great shape make offer.... sound is perfect on stock motor!!! not to mention the look of the duals is cool...

Old 03-24-2008, 09:54 AM
onlythebest
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: VonDutch

Thanks guys,

I just wanted to say that when your talking to someone and it just doesn't sound right( conversation with D&D tech guy) it probably isn't!!!! when he told me the boarzilla my little testosterone guys were like yeaaah but he followed that up with it would be toooo loud ....buzz kill.
when he saidthat the fat cat wouldn't be right either. so it's either gonna be too loud(boarzilla) or the wrong set up(fatcat)....I was like what the hell...you tryin to talk me out of your product!!!

I will be getting the fat cat now. im scared to get the quiet baffle those little testosterone guys are screaming at me to not be too quiet.
so how much are baffles???? is it an ordeal to switch them out???? any input on who to get these fat catsfrom???? I know if I go to my HD shop they will grab the Custom Chrome catalog or the fat book and these will be 700+

coming soon one pair of Bigshot tru duals for a 07 FLHand up slightly used in great shape make offer.... sound is perfect on stock motor!!! not to mention the look of the duals is cool...
PM "Bart" his screen name is (Shooter64) and he's a forum member. I bought my Cat through him with the standard baffle and I think it was 600 something shipped to my door. I have almost the same build as you and it is the only pipe for me!

I do wish it was a bit louder though. Not sure how many baffles they have but I have heard several names, standard, quiet, performance, bigbore, the list goes on. Can anyone tell me how many baffles D&D makes for the Fcat? Is the performance baffle also known as the standard?

Good luck you will love the sound. Check the exhaust sound postings for my bike and you can listen to it. Like I said our builds are very similuar.

OTB

Old 03-24-2008, 10:43 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

As far as I am aware, D&D only offers the 2 baffles (Quiet & Standard) with the quiet baffle being a bit more expensive to buy (75.00 upgrade option). They can be switched as Steve (MaineUltraClassic) can tell you but it's a major PITA. Pick the standard if you likenoise cause they are pretty loud pipes. Quiet baffle is known to make a couple foot pounds better torque but the verdict is still out on that for me. I had the standard on my 107" with cams and it barked! The new BZ pipe has the quiet baffle and it's anything but quiet. I wonder what the BZ standard baffle is like? Gotta be a moving decibel violation looking for a place to happen!

As posted above...send a PM to Shooter64 here on the forum. He owns a shop in Ark. and sells near wholesale to forum members. His name is Bart and he's a great guy to deal with. His shop is www.cateyecustoms.com but they are closed Mondays so give him a hollar tomorrow and if he's not there, ask for Sarah. They'll look after you!

Old 03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's not super hard to do, but more of a pain. The baffles are stuck in there pretty good, and it's like a compression fitting on the header end of the muffler. Once you break it loose, it slides right out. The new one slides right in, then line up the bolt holes, and drive it home.

The quiet baffle is far from quiet when compared to ther exhausts............it's called the quiet baffle because is more quiet then the standard baffle.

Steve

Old 03-24-2008, 06:02 PM
Forget About It
Banned

YOU WONT GO WRONBG WITH THE FATCAT MY 107 LOVES IT

Old 03-24-2008, 08:54 PM
ratcat
Tourer

My Fatcat came with a baffle that had no louvers in it, just a smooth pipe with little holes in it, LOUD...OMG, it made me ears ring every time I got on it, I got on it once for a short distance, and then looked in my mirror... there was a blue and red light bar on top of a Crown vic that was right on my ***. After a few miles, he let me go...I needed to change the baffle quick, as I was losing my hearing. I assume this was the preformance baffle?

Old 03-24-2008, 09:17 PM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member

Awesome info as always Steve and great pic to add in!

Old 03-24-2008, 10:59 PM
onlythebest
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: maineultraclassic

It's not super hard to do, but more of a pain. The baffles are stuck in there pretty good, and it's like a compression fitting on the header end of the muffler. Once you break it loose, it slides right out. The new one slides right in, then line up the bolt holes, and drive it home.

The quiet baffle is far from quiet when compared to ther exhausts............it's called the quiet baffle because is more quiet then the standard baffle.

Steve
MaineUltra is there any way of telling which baffle is in there without taking it apart?

OTB

Quick Reply: D&D exhaust question for the experts