Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk Bag Extender is On

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Loch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trunk Bag Extender is On

ORIGINAL: FireHawk

Thanks! Its funny, you can barely tell the difference until you look at the space between the back rests.

Well, that puppy goes on my list.
I’m pretty sure the ’06 models have an extra set of holes in the rails to move the tour pack back 2 inches. So you just need to take out a few bolts and move it back.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:08 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes they do have an adjustment but it is only an inch and I found that out after I bought the TP extender and began my installation on my 06 FLHTCI E. G. Classic. Oh well, live and learn and spend more $$$$ in the process.

Jim

[IMG]local://upfiles/4575/5E4ACFA35E6E4017A0C947F3A5E05EAE.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-19-2006, 02:16 AM
FireHawk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Got mine on tonight. I'm bushed! Installed a dishwasher for my sweetie before hand (plumbing projects for me just take forever! My father was a plumber and do you think any of that rubbed off? No flipping way! I redo stuff more than get it right the first time. But then, my Dad didn't know squat on computers. )

Picked up a Service Manual today when I picked up the relocator kit. It sure came in handy as I had to discover how to remove the seat. My Intruder the seat just popped off. Well after reading up on the process it was a piece of cake.

Now like Mountainkowboy, it took me a while. But Kuryakyn's instuctions were easy to follow and I managed to get er done. I think there was only one instruction that I couldn't follow and that was removing the seat strap. Don't have one.

I did have to drill out the steel plate out a bit to get the bolts that Kuryakyn provided. The bolts that were in the tourpak to begin with would have been a mite to short to work. The bolts provided by Kuryakyn are long. I may come back later and trim them some.

I pulled the ride out in the drive way and asked my sweetie to hop on. Man that makes a difference! I think we are going to like the ride much better.

Thanks Mountainkowboy! Your post and pics helped a lot!

Old 02-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 544 Posts

No problem Firehawk, My wife loves the extra room, and I dont get the helmet in the back of the head as often.

The wifie and I have been gone for a bit. Just got back yesterday from Kernville for "Whiskey Flats Days". I wish I could have taken the bike with us, but was glad I didnt. It was snowing at home when we left and was snowing in the desert and the passes on the way. Would not have been a nice ride!!