Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

21" Front Tire on Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 06:44 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default RE: 21" Front Tire on Street Glide

ORIGINAL: 04harleyboy

This might help, let me know if it is confusing

I think this is a real nice job of helping a HDF member out. Time out of your busy day to help others MY ++++++++++++++++ 2 U!

Old 03-24-2008, 09:11 PM
fishafly
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm one who believes the bike really needs to be lowered in the front to get that awesome HD designed "balance" back in check. Hope this helps you or anyone else considering making the change.
I haven't lowered the front of mine yet, but I plan too. I have a progressive kit sitting in the garage. I'm starting to think if I had lowered it from the start I would still be runnin' my 16" apes. The front felt really twitchy and with the extra rise of the bars, I think it was magnified. It feels pretty good now tho...

Should I lower my front 1" or 2" ?? Seeing that mine is a RK Cutom the rear was already an inch lower...??

Old 03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

BR....not sure about the fender issue, but I wouldn't imagine long if there is rubbing. As far as the Race Tech stuff goes, I would make sure that whomever does it, has done Race Tech stuff before. I know you had a problem finding a certified Race Tech shop, but hopefully RT can help you with that. There are articles in both American Iron and American Bagger this month on Race Tech kit's btw. The better of the two articles is the one in American Iron where they used the Gold Valve Emulators.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:21 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: fishafly

I'm one who believes the bike really needs to be lowered in the front to get that awesome HD designed "balance" back in check. Hope this helps you or anyone else considering making the change.
I haven't lowered the front of mine yet, but I plan too. I have a progressive kit sitting in the garage. I'm starting to think if I had lowered it from the start I would still be runnin' my 16" apes. The front felt really twitchy and with the extra rise of the bars, I think it was magnified. It feels pretty good now tho...

Should I lower my front 1" or 2" ?? Seeing that mine is a RK Cutom the rear was already an inch lower...??
Fish..I can't imagine a need to lower more than an 1". I believe your Custom is already lowered in the rear same as the SG. I believe an inch is the most you want to lower the front end and maintain a really nice ride.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:29 AM
brnew
Tourer

Thanks XXX, I saw the one in American Bagger. I am looking still for a Race Tech (Tech) that can help me.

ORIGINAL: GliderXXX

BR....not sure about the fender issue, but I wouldn't imagine long if there is rubbing. As far as the Race Tech stuff goes, I would make sure that whomever does it, has done Race Tech stuff before. I know you had a problem finding a certified Race Tech shop, but hopefully RT can help you with that. There are articles in both American Iron and American Bagger this month on Race Tech kit's btw. The better of the two articles is the one in American Iron where they used the Gold Valve Emulators.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:34 PM
TheBlackBastard
Tourer

Klock Werks makes a fender mounting kit for 21" wheels. It uses the stock fender and hardware, just a little "block" to raise the fender a little. I think this is what you might want/need:

https://www.kustombaggers.com/products/?id=174