Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

high speed wobble solutions

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008 | 10:09 AM
wydopn231
|
Banned
Default high speed wobble solutions

anyone tried any of the stabilizers that are surpose to reduce or elimanate the hight speed wobble that all these baggers have.Mine kicks in at 120 mph and even with heavy modifications cant seem to power thru it.Any info on what you used and how it worked would be cool.SPEED FREAK in need.

Old 03-22-2008 | 10:18 AM
izzi
Road Master
Default RE: high speed wobble solutions

i dont know if a true-track will do anything with haulin *** in a straight line. the stabilizers are effective in long sweeping turn, downshifting in turns and such. did you check tires,pressure,neck bearings yet?

Old 03-22-2008 | 07:34 PM
Mississippi Bagger
Road Captain

I don't go that fast anymore (never have on a Harley...90-95 is about top I am comfortable with). But, if your gonna do it, and everything is adjusted right, and you have a ridestr8 or some similar 3rd point stabilizer, then maybe a steering dampner is in order.

Old 03-22-2008 | 08:46 PM
wydopn231
|
Banned

eveything check out on bike and my other RKC 05 did same thing.figured some one here would have had same problem.And hry guys if your goning to suggest not going that fast save your fingers.dragracer here ran 3000 hp drag cars 0 to 100 about 1 second flat area so speed is a must,just looking for ideas before start buying new parts.

Old 03-22-2008 | 08:51 PM
Jonny Two Guns
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: wydopn231

anyone tried any of the stabilizers that are surpose to reduce or elimanate the hight speed wobble that all these baggers have.Mine kicks in at 120 mph and even with heavy modifications cant seem to power thru it.Any info on what you used and how it worked would be cool.SPEED FREAK in need.
I just put in a pair of Sta-Bos and I can't believe the difference in the feel of the bike. I have not been able to take her out for a log cruise but it sure feels better from the few minutes I was out. I just put a post up the other day about them. If you search on Sta-Bo you should find it. But I think I will get the Tru-Trac as well just to tightenthings up. If you see how these things are built you will understand the logic behind both of these mods.

Old 03-22-2008 | 10:15 PM
dreamcatcher2007
Cruiser

Not sure how helpful this is but...

With about 800 miles on my '08 SG, last week I hopped on I-76, just east of Denver, heading to Sterling CO. About 9am,no traffic, decided to try and bury the needle. I did. Straight line and no wobbles, not even a hint of any wobblies.Yesterday, with the King Tour Pak on and loaded with abouta case and a halfof beer, I hit 90mph on Hwy 470. It gave me a wobble, (and a bit of a pucker),coming arounda bigsweeper.Nothin severe and never felt out of control. I backed off and it settled right back in.However, I wont be doing that any more.

So are you loaded up when ya get the wobblies?

Old 03-22-2008 | 10:30 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

Since I installed Alloy Art's Touring XR I haven't had any wobble. Prior to the install I have experienced it at 70mph going in a straight line when getting hit with a crosswind.

Old 03-22-2008 | 10:30 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

You answered your own question: straight line vs sweeper. Two different issues.

Old 03-23-2008 | 01:47 AM
wydopn231
|
Banned

mines str8 line and nothing but me on bike.Have buddy I ride with and us hitting 120 is as normal as bikers looking at big ****.Ill investigate more and thanks for threads

Old 03-23-2008 | 11:19 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior

It's a big misconception on here.I think the people that are experiencing the high speed front endwobble(including me)smashing between 85 and upgoing straight may need that steering dampner that goes between the front
forks.Klock works used one on the worlds fastest bagger,even then they still reported a few wobbles.I dont see how those frame/strut braces will prevent a wobble from the front end!
I think those are for the rear end wanting to wash out in a turn.

It's a little different for me because i have an aftermarket fairing on mine.It's worst with the fairing on,but even without it i get it ever so often.I also believe that by me lowering the bike front/aft and the 21"-18" combo offset the bikes geometry is adding to the wobb's.

I'm still reading up on some different ones,keep us posted anybody!!!will check out that Touring XR street is talking about.

Quick Reply: high speed wobble solutions