Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Small crease on Front Fender

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 10:43 AM
SiCkEl_RiDeR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small crease on Front Fender

When I bought my '03 the only flaw on the entire bike was a slight crease (approx. 1") on the left side right where the fender rolls down. I'm curious what some of you might do with that?
1.) Leave it
2.) Bondo fill it and repaint
3.) Replace the entire fender
4.) Next time front tire is off, see if it can be "worked" back out

I'm not sure I can work it back since it's definately not a "dent". It's most definately a crease and from my limited metal shop days I remember that creases stretch the metal too far for them to be move backed without it looking worse than before.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Old 02-04-2006, 10:48 AM
nmfxstc
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Small crease on Front Fender

I have seen many fenders like that....not an issue and may be just a natural design....look closely at the touring scoots and you may see the same on lots of them.

Old 02-04-2006, 10:52 AM
SiCkEl_RiDeR
Advanced

ORIGINAL: nmfxstc

I have seen many fenders like that....not an issue and may be just a natural design....look closely at the touring scoots and you may see the same on lots of them.
Damn.. in all the cars I've had over the years were loaded with "natural designs"... little did I know. I probably could have sold those for $300-400 more.. damn..

Old 02-04-2006, 11:04 AM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the HD Street Stalker. Factory paint, no rivets and can't be dented or creased (ABS). Excellent quality!

Old 02-04-2006, 11:25 AM
lonerider560
Advanced

if, what you are talking about looks something like a parking lot ding or dent on a car. then, auto parts stores sell a product that will take that out. it comes with hot glue and a small plastic dent puller. It pulls the dent right out without leaving a mark and the hot glue peels off when done. I used it on my heritage and it pulled the dent right out. I'll try to find it in my garage mess and get you the name.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:33 AM
SiCkEl_RiDeR
Advanced

ORIGINAL: lonerider560

if, what you are talking about looks something like a parking lot ding or dent on a car. then, auto parts stores sell a product that will take that out. it comes with hot glue and a small plastic dent puller. It pulls the dent right out without leaving a mark and the hot glue peels off when done. I used it on my heritage and it pulled the dent right out. I'll try to find it in my garage mess and get you the name.
http://www.asontv.com/products/1066411028.html

You mean like this? Do those really work? Plus you have to realize this "crease" is around the rolled edge of the fender and not on a flat surface. I don't know if I could even align it correctly to use the suction gadget.