Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!! Iwant to add speakers to my bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008 | 06:50 AM
ChristopherD
|
Stage II
Default Help!!!! Iwant to add speakers to my bike

I need some help. I am looking to add music to my Brand New '08 Road King Classic. In hopes to do this I go a Sirus portable unit. Any suggestions on how can rig it with speakers and still look great?

Thanks,

Chris

Old 03-22-2008 | 07:41 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Help!!!! Iwant to add speakers to my bike

J&M offers handlebar mount speakers, don't know how good they'll look but

[IMG]local://upfiles/13641/03D5EADD3EB34645AD59D4134E61973E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-22-2008 | 08:14 AM
rde
Road Captain

I'm confused, why did you buy a Road King?

Seems to me you bought the wrong bike. If you want music on a Road King you either use an iPod, run headphones off a Zumo, or you have to add a fairing with speakers.

All of the speakers that attach to a Road King look awfull IMHO and really detract from the classic look.

I love my Road King, but if music was that important to me I would be owning a Road Glide, Street Glide or EGC. Seems to me you need to be looking into an aftermarket fairing of your choice.

Old 03-22-2008 | 08:30 AM
jakester
Tourer

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 03-22-2008 | 09:36 AM
phat96
Road Warrior

I went with the Ipod and molded ear piecesby Big Ear, great sound.
But if you want big sound then speakers and amp in your bags and speakers in front lowers should do with no fairing and add 2 more speakers if you do put a fairing on it. 6 - 6x9's for lots of sound, if you don't mind everyone else hearing it.
Check out www.kevinevans.org

Old 03-22-2008 | 09:38 AM
speedracer29
4th Gear

Try Uniq Cycle Sounds

http://www.uniqcycle.com/product_p/ucs-lp.htm

I've been staring at a Shovelhead FLH for sale, and I've grown accustomed to having my own soundtrack, so I've been looking for a bar mounted set-up..... A friend of mine had these, and they sound as good as my EG set-up.

Old 03-22-2008 | 09:47 AM
2057ken
Cruiser

http://www.mhinstruments.com/products/

I used to have these, they worked great.

Old 03-23-2008 | 01:21 AM
badinfluence63
Banned

When I was on a toy run last November I saw this bike set up with a handle bar mounted stereo system that included killer speakers am/fm/cd player and it was hard wired into her bike. It was clean and tight. She told me where she purchased it but I forget. There is system out there somewhere. Here are a couple I seen while looking for the other one I mentioned:

http://www.motorcycletunes.com/prodd...cd&cat=151

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...All&page=1

http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net/sh...ers-26-ctg.htm

Old 03-23-2008 | 03:02 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

I have a rk custom... also with leather bags. I want tunes, as well. I think the best option, although not the cheapest, is what I am planning on doing. I have heard not very good things about the handlebar mounted speakers.. I read that it is hard to hear at highways speeds, which is why I want them... for trips.

So, I will be going with two 6x9 in my saddlebags, mounted facing the wheel. An amp installed in the bag. I also will get a set of lowers (with glove boxes), and add two speakers to them. I will run it all off my Zune (mp3). There is a device made that plugs into the amp that will allow you to adjust the volume with a **** on the handlebars. However, if I had a classic, like you do, I would look into that company in CA that sells a dash insert that allows you to mount an ipod under the dash, but you are still able to work it. Slick set up...

Of course, if you want simple, go with the handlebar mount... I hope you are happy with it, but I doubt I would be...

Old 03-23-2008 | 03:48 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member

I had the J&M amplified speakers a bit costy but nice simple clean install and they sounded great even at highway speeds up to 70

Quick Reply: Help!!!! Iwant to add speakers to my bike