Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!! Iwant to add speakers to my bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008 | 10:53 AM
HawgriderPa
Road Captain
Default RE: Help!!!! Iwant to add speakers to my bike

My Ultra's got it built in, but on my "city bike" - Honda Shadow, I put on Rumble Road Speakers.. (the Amp is built into them).. Mounted a Sirius receiver on the handlebar (could use an ipod if you want), and did the connections inside a leather tool bag mounted to the handlebars.

for the Sirius antenna, I took a short CB antenna, mounted it to the backrest stud, attached an L bracket to the tip with black wire wraps, and put the Sat antenna on top of it.. I used some outdoor double faced tape so it doesn't bounce off.

If you want volume, base and treble controls, M&H makes a control head that mounts on the left side of the handle bar and handles it all.. just do the connections inside the toolbag

Old 03-23-2008 | 11:27 AM
CoyoteJoe
Banned

I have the Two Wheel Tunes system on my bike, and they are decent for city riding, but the highway wind noises drown out the high frequencies, so essentially you're hearing about 75% of the song at 65mph+ Seems like the deep sounds come thru, but the quieter sounds do not at highway speeds. These are 2" speakers, so they are really small, and I have them mounted next to my windshield bag, and at first glance people don't even see them, so they don't really take away from the look of the bike (my bike has a pretty unique look anyhow). I bought a pair of 3" marine speakers, and they sounded great (much much louder) with a 50w AMP but I couldn't figure out a way to mount them to my satisfaction (didn't really want to cut the leather). I see that Kuryakyn as a chrome set of 3" speakers called "Sound of Chrome" and they are supposed to be available in spring 2008 - but they have been delayed twice already. I'm waiting for them to come out to check them out. I think a 3" Chrome Speaker on each side of my Zumo GPS might look nice.

Old 03-25-2008 | 09:15 AM
2057ken
Cruiser

here ya go.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Uniqc...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-25-2008 | 09:49 AM
Lewd_Dude
Road Master

There is always the HD RoadTech for $799........

Old 03-25-2008 | 09:54 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: speedracer29

Try Uniq Cycle Sounds

http://www.uniqcycle.com/product_p/ucs-ce.htm
<snip>
Click the link above /\

I have a Road King Classic with a Uniq Cycle Sounds set up on it. I love it. Check it out. I have attached a pic of my bike with the speakers mounted on the engine guard.

Old 03-25-2008 | 10:34 AM
phat96
Road Warrior

www.kevinevans.org the link is right in my previous post but the channel it went wasn't, this will get you there it all comes down to how much you want to spend.
ckgdrums, cool location on your speakers.

Old 03-25-2008 | 11:11 AM
milleda31
Road Captain

I like the speakers mounted on the engine guard, however, I was a bit leary on how they would sound. Could anyone with the speaks mounted on the engine guard comment?

Thanks.

Old 03-25-2008 | 11:53 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks, Phat96!

Milleda31, my speakersare mounted there and the sound is great. Probably not as good as if they were on the handlebars, but I just couldnt bring myself to do that.

Old 03-25-2008 | 11:55 AM
Emporers New Clothes
Cruiser

Check these out they even have a built in 50 watt amp

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=3889

Old 03-25-2008 | 12:34 PM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

Those are cool, but the Uniq Cycle Sounds unit is $125 less expensive and has a 150W amp.

Quick Reply: Help!!!! Iwant to add speakers to my bike