Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ- UP center stand/ Wheeldock.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default EZ- UP center stand/ Wheeldock.com

All too often we hear about bad companies, well here is one about an awesome one!

This past weekend I placed an order with WHEELDOCK for an EZ-UP center stand. I decided to buy this center stand based on comments about it on this forum, and how easy it looked to put the bike up on the stand. I have an Ultra. Monday morning I receive an e-mail saying that it has been shipped! That's pretty much the same day as I ordered it after hours Saturday night! I received it on Thursday. Now that's fast IMO! And talk about being well packed! Box was twice the size I was expecting.

Took it out of the box this morning. Well built and excellent finish on it. I then went to install it and found that the washer/nuts were not attached to each other like they need to be. It's how the bolts center up on the nuts. Otherwise it would be close to impossible to mount. So I send an e-mail off to them asking for new ones. LESS THAN 5 MINUTES LATER he calls! Tells me how to quickly fix that very minor not really a problem. So I do and 10 minutes later I'm in the Hawg Barn putting on the stand.

The install really is as easy as it shows in the video. Instead of using weight to hold the nut down I used black tape. Worked excellent. Installed in a few minutes.

Time to try it out. The video shows the bike being put up on the center stand while he is sitting on it. OK, I figure that can happen with practice. I was a little concerned about doing it that way because of hip and back problems I have. GUESS WHAT! I tried it and it really is as easy and quick as they show it to be! And no problem getting it off of the stand either. Light tap on the bars on she was off!

If you're looking for a center stand that is well built in the USA then look no further. This one is great IMO!

Old 03-21-2008, 12:01 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EZ- UP center stand/ Wheeldock.com

Absolutely a great product, highly recommended......

JD

Old 03-21-2008, 12:02 PM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the review. I've been thinking about this center stand and think you've helped me make up my mind to buy one.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:06 PM
jayemt551
Advanced

Thank you... I now know what my overtime shift is going to pay for. [sm=thanx.gif]

[IMG]local://upfiles/33992/72918B9EE0F2416283F3FEFF4347DEB9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2008, 12:21 PM
2002jadefatboy
Advanced

I have been interested in this stand also. Could one of you guys who have it please take a few pics from different anglesof the stand retracted and post them. I've seen tons of pics on their site and on here with the stand down, but I really want to see it when it is in the up position. I have to know how visible that lever is before I buy one. I'm justgoofy like that...

Old 03-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's visable, but since it's chrome it just blends in IMO. It right below the passenger floorboards. If my camera was working I'd take a picture for ya.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:47 PM
HEMSPLT
Cruiser

I bought this stand in December and really like it. Very easy install and it matches the frame - get the black.

Here's atip and some info.

Be very careful about leaving your bike on the stand parked in neutral on a slight down slope. It won't take much for it to roll off and fall over. Park it uphill and make sure it is in gear or use the side stand as you normally would.

The center stand does make it a little more difficult using my Sears jack but it just takes a little more fooling around to get the jack set correctly under the bike.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Lpye
Road Captain

I saw them in Daytona. I went by and talked to one of the guys. Went back to the hotel did a little research. Had a few questions, basically comparing this product to other similar products. When I went back the second time I talked to the owner. He appeared very honest and upfront. Told me if I bought it and didn't like it he would give my money back. Well I had them install it right there. It was actually installed before I finished paying for it. I like the unit. I don't think he will be giving my money back. I bought the black one and it blends with the frame just fine. I don't regret buying this one bit. I could put it on the center stand on the first try with little to no effort.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:06 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great Review.
I have the HD ones.
You cannot put it on the stand while sitting on it. And they say stand next to the bike, while standing on the foot bar of the stand, pull up on the Saddlebag gaurd rail.
Guess what?
I have a Street Glide.
Getting it off was harder than I thought it would be. Takes a struggle.
I may buy the wheeldock now.[&o]

Old 03-21-2008, 03:20 PM
mkgrady
5th Gear

What is the stand for? Why is it better than the side stand?

Quick Reply: EZ- UP center stand/ Wheeldock.com