Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ- UP center stand/ Wheeldock.com

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 04:20 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: EZ- UP center stand/ Wheeldock.com

Lets you park your bike in the straiight up position.
Better?
I dont knowthat it is.
Space saving if you need it.
It's just a different way to park your bike.
Work on your bike straight up instead of leaning over.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:46 PM
jackster007
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put one on over the winter and really like it. Last weekend I installed a removeable luggage rack and it was nice to work on the bike upright and level rather than tilted over. I have tight quarters in my garage/shop soparking it upright saves me some space too.

The product is every bit as good as all the othershere have saidit is.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: mkgrady

What is the stand for? Why is it better than the side stand?

Not to mention it makes for easy cleaning of the wheels and bike. Also use as a stable platform for your passenger to get on, if ya need the help.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:47 PM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a wheel chock that allows me to park the bike straight up and down in the garage and it makes it MUCH easier to clean the side that would normally be leaning downward. This center stand will let me do the same thing in the driveway (and elsewhere) without having to haul the wheel chock out. I don't think I'd use the center stand on anything but a level surface, however.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:50 PM
framer
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: 2002jadefatboy

I have been interested in this stand also. Could one of you guys who have it please take a few pics from different anglesof the stand retracted and post them. I've seen tons of pics on their site and on here with the stand down, but I really want to see it when it is in the up position. I have to know how visible that lever is before I buy one. I'm justgoofy like that...
I had one put on my RK in Daytona a couple of weeks ago. I really like mine!!! Here ya' go....

Old 03-21-2008, 06:37 PM
0204665J
Tourer

Does anyone know if it will work with a True Track system already installed. Looks like it uses the same mounting location.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:18 PM
daharleyrdr
Tourer

Keystone
Heres my story and Im sticking to it!! I also read all the reviews, and talked to Rod the owner and and ordered the WheelDock CenterStand for my 05 Road King, I loved it put it on in 15ms the only thing I didnt like was it seemed too easy to take off the Centerstand. Anyways the bike never left my garage I sold it but took of the Centerstand with the intention of putting it on the new bike 08 Classic. Spoke to Ron again he seaid it would fit no problem! When I got the bike home I bolted it right on although it the legs looked a little close to the trans on the right side and the belt on the left side, no big thing Im sure just me being ****! All good so far, I put it on the stand and it works great now per instructions I put the bike outside to wash it place a small strip of 1/4 in plywood down so to lift up the rear wheel and wash it when the bikes weight bring the stand into the upright and or locked position the stand snaps in two and the bike goes down, lucky I was holding it. Put it on the jiffy stand and chwnge my underwear!! look at the stand its still mounted to the bike but the leg section seperated from the stand upon close inspection the stand was only tack weldeed not bead welded to the legs. Get on the phone, call Ron he said there was a guy welding the stands a half *** way and he had one other failure like this, so he said he will ship one out to me today with a return box to ship the broken one so he can examine it. DoDo happens and I guess its all about queality control. Rons customer service is the best he really takes the time out to talk to you about any issues and he's always the one to answer the phone, Ill keep you updates as to his promise and the outcome, I have no doubt in my mind, not in th least, that he will be a true gentleman and come thru!!!!, by the way the first thing out of his mouth was, did you or anyone get hurt, and did the bike get damaged, not looking to blame the customer at all!!!! Thanks Bill

Old 03-21-2008, 10:48 PM
Bluerose

Hubby agrees that having a center stand would be nice so planning on ordering one soon.

Showed Hubby the video and it definately looks I'll be ordering this one after the good reviews.

Old 03-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Your back will thank you Bev!

Old 03-22-2008, 01:59 PM
2002jadefatboy
Advanced

Framer - Thanks for the great pics. Those are exactly what I was looking for. Doesn't look to bad when folded so I think I may be ordering one.

Quick Reply: EZ- UP center stand/ Wheeldock.com