Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will a drivers backrest make me a wuss?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:10 PM
edsaws
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Will a drivers backrest make me a wuss?

Yup you'll definitly be a wuss and one riding in comfort. Who gives a crap what anyone thinks as long as your happy. Oh yeh I got one myself and love it.

Old 02-04-2006, 03:33 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bill918

k. You guys with the backrests and solo's, what seat are you using and why...Mustang, Corbin?
I had a Corbin on my Roadking and now have one on my EG. Wife has a Corbin on her Heritage. I tried a Mustang on my Roadking, and then a Corbin (because is got it so cheap), and I found that I liked the Corbin better for looks, comfort, and durability. The Corbin has a leather seat area, and the Mustang has vinyl. If taken care of, the leather will give better service.

Regards,

Bill

Old 02-04-2006, 05:45 PM
brianseay
Tourer

If it makes you a Wuss, then at least you will be a comfortable wuss. I have a backrest and love it. Definetly makes the long hauls a lot better.

Old 02-04-2006, 07:09 PM
dhutchison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell, I'm just a kid at 27, and I wouldn't go anywhere longer than an hour away with out one. I still like for my rides to look cool, and stripped down, but you can still have "comfort" and "cool". Not sure what kinda solo you are looking for. I run a Corbin Hollywood Solo on my Road King, and a High End Buttcrack on my Springer. Yes, I am well aware that they don't accept a back rest. Here's where a little dumbing around on the net come in handy. www.protac.net This company makes a removeable back rest, and it's dirt cheap. About $125.00 bucks. When you call they get your height, weight, bike you ride, etc. Then they make it to fit you. I absolutely love mine. If you ride a bagger, the brackets tuck in behind the bags, and you never see em. If you have a Softail, you'll be sending them off to have the chromed. Either way, it's the best money I ever spent, seat wise. They install/remove in about 15 seconds. Bam from comfy to cool. Just drop it in your saddle bag when you get to town.

Old 02-04-2006, 07:22 PM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 33 Posts

A Wuss?? YEP!! And you should be proud. Trust me I love mine and you'll love yours too. Look if we actually gave a turd about what people think we wouldn't ride a bagger. Right? C'mon guys...we can admit that. Baggers are practical...not cool. On the other hand, I choose to ride a bagger, so I don't care. So go buy the backrest already. I need to get back to eating my breadsticks.

Old 02-04-2006, 08:32 PM
thesmithiz
Cruiser

I have a Corbin solo and rode with no back rest for about 6 months. It was such a difference over the stock seat I was loving it all though I did still get that tail bone pain it just took over 200 miles. Got the back rest for Xmas nad have taken some 300+ a day rides and no tail bone pain, no lower back issue at all. Wish I had done it sooner!

Old 02-04-2006, 09:51 PM
Harvo
Advanced

I've owned one classic and two ultra's and each one had a backrest. I couldn't live without one. To me it's the only way to go.

Old 02-04-2006, 11:42 PM
streetglide#1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea im a wuss too,I use one on the longer rides.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:02 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I have not read all the post for this question but I am sure I am not alone in (HELL NO) and you should not really care -- I have seen some super cool bikes only to see some of the biggest (wuss "your word") come out and get on and "try" to ride off.. Life is short - enjoy it anyway you please. When I plan on putting on the Hours - I wear this

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/back-...ack-a-line.htm

- I have had bikers ask "what the hell is that" I just laugh and say "Its my Harley girdle" with it I can ride ALL day - with out it, after a few hours my lower back starts to "talk to me" Its just a part of life and its mine, if there is someone out there that wants to pay all my bills - I will gladly listen to you - well maybe not? lol

anyway, my .02 here...

Old 02-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Watkinst
Advanced

I ride two up and have the sundowner seat and the adjustable backrest. One word...Schweeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttt!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Will a drivers backrest make me a wuss?